Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(fic-snippet) Two bits with Rhett the accidental catboy (snippet & discovering the fen newsgroup hierarchy)

Quote:From: NotAButler_7
To: nntp://fen.support.biomods
Time: 13:55 MST (-0700)
Date: September 12, 2015
Subject: Hello out there Hello out there, your friendly new Earthbound feline biomod here. I had no idea that newsgroups were still a thing or that there was a whole fen hierarchy. The good news, apparently the local authorities are tired of playing hunt the biomod. The bad news, the paperwork. Oh lord the paperwork. I thought signing up for my first semester of classes involved a lot of paperwork but replacing my drivers license was what felt like a couple dozen pages of forms, hunting down my birth certificate, not yelling at a clerk who claimed there was no such form as the one I handed him, and an hour long meeting with the head of the DMV office in which I filled out yet more paperwork. All that and I won't even get a drivers license since I'm to small to sit in the driver's seat of any of my friends cars and comfortably work the peddles with a seatbelt on. So just a non-driver's state ID card for me. Sad At least I'm a little taller than the limit for Arizona's booster seat law. Sure it's got an age cut-off but needing to convince people I'm really nineteen is already getting old. So any advice for a new catboy? Other than guarding my tail from the evil called the bus door, I've learned that one the hard way.

Via: Mars NNTP2Mail gateway
Time: 01:13 UTC (+000)
Date: September 13, 2015
Subject: Re: Hello out there

Hi NotAButler_7,

welcome to the craziness and fun getting an unplanned biomod. Good to hear that things have calmed down on Earth in some states, things were a little bit more hectic a only a few years ago. Yeah, we all had to learn that automatically closing doors coming in two categories, evil and intelligent. I don't know how long you have been biomodded, but it sounds like you already have taken care of all the basics.

I have set an alert for your nickname on the company computer, feel free to ask if you need a special advise.

Cathy

Quote:From: NotAButler_7
Time: 17:31 MST (-0700)
Date: September 16, 2015
Subject: Q for other fur-bearing biomods

How the bleep do you keep from getting heat rash when it's hot and humid out? The last two days have been bleeping hell. Summer is always bleeping hot in Arizona but this is insane. All I have to do is step outside and it feels like I'm wearing a lead coat and hat. In an oven. I was born here it shouldn't feel like this. If it's this bad here I'm never going to the south (right, like any sensible catboy would head into the land of dueling banjos. I barely trust that I won't get jumped by crazies here).

Via: Mars NNTP2Mail gateway
Time: 6:30 UTC (+000)
Date: September 17, 2015
Subject: Re: Q for other fur-bearing biomods

Hi NotAButler_7.

Yes, fur can be sometimes a pain... I would suggest that you get used to comb it every day to thin it out a little bit. Oh, and try to do a catnap during the hot hours, a little bit additional sleep can do wonders! As long as you are prepared to be more active in the evening or night.

Normally I would suggest you get clothing with some environmental controls, but I don't think you want add more paper work or trouble by getting some waved hardware.

Cathy

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Dartz - 09-21-2014, 05:47 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 09-22-2014, 02:24 AM
[No subject] - by Dartz - 09-22-2014, 04:44 AM
[No subject] - by HRogge - 09-22-2014, 05:50 PM
[No subject] - by JakeGrey - 09-23-2014, 11:47 PM