Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(fic-snippet) Two bits with Rhett the accidental catboy (snippet & discovering the fen newsgroup hierarchy)

To: nntp://fen.support.biomods
Via: Mars NNTP2Mail gateway
Time: 22:22 UTC (+000)
Date: September 14, 2015
Subject: Re: Hello out there

Yes, we still have newsgroups. Honestly, kids these days... Wink

Anyway, not much to add to all the good advice about getting your pilot's license (there were a few things that were news to me, in fact; I got mine well before I went Up) except that my partner is from your neck of the woods originally and knows a few local pilots who offer tutoring on the side. I can ask her to put you in touch if you like.

Also, it should go without saying, but that transit competency thing and the fen-only airspace lanes does NOT apply outside the US and Canada. If you want to fly anywhere near Europe you need a valid private ticket and a flight-plan, and a certificate of inspection to prove there's no residual 'wavium contamination if your craft's less than one year old. We don't have MMFD for fen with more enthusiasm than skill to splatter themselves across with no innocent bystanders, you know?

Oh, and the one thing more fun than cosplaying with 'waved costumes is bringing your fencraft to an actual old-style Con here on Earth. I did Collectormania in Milton Keynes last year, took people out for a quick spin over the city for £5 each, made three grand and got to buy David Braben a drink.

Speaking of which, if you're looking for ship ideas, the Elite: Dangerous dev-blog just posted a load of concept art.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Dartz - 09-21-2014, 05:47 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 09-22-2014, 02:24 AM
[No subject] - by Dartz - 09-22-2014, 04:44 AM
[No subject] - by HRogge - 09-22-2014, 05:50 PM
[No subject] - by JakeGrey - 09-23-2014, 11:47 PM