Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character Concept - Cool or Silly?
Re: Character Concept - Cool or Silly?
First off - I REALLY like the visual design of the suit! I especially like the two-tone color scheme on the legs. And the helmet is really unique looking with the "Cyclopean" eyepiece and the iron jaw. The particular shade of blue chosen it really good too. Comes off as a sort of "gun metal blue". And the large gauntlets and heavy boots really give weight to the design. I like the Red in the lenses being echoed in the chest piece and the jewel in the belt. It sets off everything else and draws the eye upwards to where you notice the helmet more.
As to his origin, I like it! The whole lawsuit requiring completely new armor design is something I don't think I've seen before, but makes perfect sense. The closest parallel I can think of is the set up of the movie The Incredibles. And that's no bad thing.
As for Circuit-3. I like the pun. It's just subtle enough that you have to think to get it. As to whether you should go for Circuit-3 or CIRCUIT-3, I'm utterly unable to express a preference. Either way would work, really.
As for powersets - I have limited experience with blasters, and haven't tried out an Elec/Elec blaster myself. I can say that having worked with a few, both the primary and secondary are really quite awesome, and the energy drain on the villains ranges from noticeable to downright tactically devastating! From a PVP angle, having suffered at the hands of Electricity wielding corrupters, I can say the energy drain is DAMNED annoying.
As for the possibility of going with the Energy secondary - I'll relate my experience playing Stalnoy Volk (and since he's on Infinity, you'll get a chance to team with him almost certainly)
The Energy Secondary has quite a few good point blank "Blapper" attacks that are very potent. Potent enough that although Stalnoy will always start with ranged attacks, I am not at all hesitant to have him go hand to hand if the fight goes that way. Since most of the Energy Secondary attacks also do knockback and/or Knockdown, picking up Air Superiority really makes for an awesome combo! It's the main reason, I think, why Stalnoy can afford to stay in melee range so often. Hard for the enemy to actually land those dangerous blows when you are constantly knocking them down or away.
Of course - take all of the above with the caveat that my usual favorite AT is Scrappers. I'm used to both melee and debt.
It kinda does look funny, because both Stalnoy and Thibor have Energy as their secondary, so you have both a Tank and a Blaster pounding on people with the great pink pom poms of destruction.
(EDIT: I don't know why I said Thibor has Energy Melee, of course he has Superstrength. I must have been thinking of someone else. Odd mental transposition there.)
I'm certain that there's been many times when Stalnoy Volk teamed with Thibor that the Werewolf has been exasperated with him. ^_^
"Is not for blaster to pretend to be doing tank's job, crazy Russian!!"
-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------

Messages In This Thread
Character Concept - Cool or Silly? - by Acyl - 05-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Re: Character Concept - Cool or Silly? - by The Hunterminator - 05-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Re: Character Concept - Cool or Silly? - by His Lovely Wife - 05-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Re: Character Concept - Cool or Silly? - by jpub - 05-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Re: Character Concept - Cool or Silly? - by MechaDeuce - 05-17-2007, 05:40 PM
What's in a name? - by Foxboy - 05-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Re: What's in a name? - by Sofaspud - 05-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Puns for the Less-than-alert - by Foxboy - 05-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Re: Puns for the Less-than-alert - by Sofaspud - 05-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Re: Character Concept - Cool or Silly? - by Acyl - 05-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Re: Puns for the Less-than-alert - by Acyl - 05-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Re: Character Concept - Cool or Silly? - by The Hunterminator - 05-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Re: Character Concept - Cool or Silly? - by Logan Darklighter - 05-17-2007, 08:29 PM
?? - by Rev Dark - 05-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Re: ?? - by Mekadave - 05-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Re: ?? - by Logan Darklighter - 05-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Re: ?? - by MechaDeuce - 05-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Circuit-3 Profile - by Acyl - 05-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Re: Circuit-3 Profile - by Logan Darklighter - 05-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Re: Character Concept - Cool or Silly? - by The Hunterminator - 05-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Re: Character Concept - Cool or Silly? - by MechaDeuce - 05-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Re: Character Concept - Cool or Silly? - by jpub - 05-18-2007, 06:42 PM