Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A personal matter: revenge and bittersweet
Re: A personal matter: revenge and bittersweet
True that.
Don't mind us - we're guys, with what I suspect is a strong and mostly frustrated "White Knight" complex. This is - in it's own way, is just another way of showing support. In the end, as you say - the best revenge is living well. And we're hip to that.
Doesn't mean that in the initial stages, our first reaction isn't "When and where do you want him hurt, and how much?"
Because, well, guys want some-THING to fix. It's in our linear way of thinking. Girls generally don't see it like that, and I think would rather we just listen to them and empathize with their feelings.
And we can do that, sure. It actually may be the best of all options. But I think it's not the FIRST thing we think of.
Part of the conversation that wasn't reprinted above was me thinking aloud that this all reminded me a bit uncomfortably of the second chapter of Undocumented Features - Symphony of the Sword. The one with Kate's travails over the first Christmas when Utena is visiting. If you've read that, you know what I'm talking about.
Anyway - think of Corwin's reaction to said events. That's _EVERY_ guy who's ever been in even a vaguely similar position. Just ramped up a notch for dramatic tension.
At any rate, it's unlikely to come to anything other than entertainment. Dark entertainment, to be sure. But sometimes that's cathartic.-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------

Messages In This Thread
Re: A personal matter: revenge and bittersweet - by His Lovely Wife - 03-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Re: A personal matter: revenge and bittersweet - by Logan Darklighter - 03-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Re: A personal matter: revenge and bittersweet - by His Lovely Wife - 03-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Re: A personal matter: revenge and bittersweet - by Render - 03-13-2007, 10:22 PM