Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terra Nova: Trial against boredom

I've been thinking about that. The teleporting guys are pretty damn annoying, but then...well, annoyance
aside, they are pretty interesting to fight. At least for me, anyway. I think it adds dimension to the game. It'd be pretty boring if every enemy just
stood there and shot at you. So we've got the Sky Raider Porters, the Rikti Headmen, the Tsoo Sorcerors, and the Malta Gunslingers - have I missed any?

More generally, there's also a few enemy types that just LOVE to cut and run like scared chickens when they're almost dead. The Tsoo Ancestor Spirits
and the Circle of Thorns ghosts always run off and phase shift/invis ... the Council Warwolves run like hell too, and the wolves run fast. And so on, so forth.

And yeah, that can really add stress, particularly if you're chasing down one last enemy on a kill all or
somethin' like that. But again, I think it'd get a little stale if every enemy just rolled up to melee range and never EVER ran. I like the idea of
tactical repositioning, or the challenge of tracking a teleporter's movements. Or, say, having to mez them to root the suckers in place.

Of course, I'm also fond of Malta Sappers...from a design perspective mind you. Yeah, they kill me as much as the
next guy, but I appreciate the idea and the challenge. =)

-- Acyl

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by sweno - 04-06-2008, 10:58 AM
[No subject] - by Matrix Dragon - 04-06-2008, 11:18 AM
[No subject] - by CrimsonKMR - 04-06-2008, 03:19 PM
[No subject] - by Sofaspud - 04-06-2008, 06:15 PM
[No subject] - by Matrix Dragon - 04-07-2008, 10:41 AM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 04-07-2008, 03:17 PM
[No subject] - by Matrix Dragon - 04-07-2008, 03:38 PM