Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You ah HEALED! ... sorta

I had an incredibly long reply to this...but lost it because I was an idiot and clicked the wrong button in my
browser. The short answer is that Valles and Render are correct.

More specifically, there isn't a maximum effectiveness to power enhancement - rather you get extreme diminishing returns at the 90% mark. Let's say
you're using even-level Single Origin enhancements. The first two enhancements are doing 33.33% each. The third, tho, only does 28.33%. Any subsequent
enhancement only does 4.99%. You will run up against this 90% mark regardless of whatever enhancements you use - you'll see the same issues if you slotted
six DOs, or six IOs, whatever.

(I note the 90% figure applies to Healing and most other power types in the game. There are some exceptions; Damage Resistance and Defense Buff work on a
different scale - they top out around 40%, as do Range, ToHitBuff, and ToHitDebuff...you'll notice enhancements for such powers do a much smaller
percentage boost per enhancement as well. There is yet another scale for Interrupt, and yet another for Knockback.
Just FYI.)

So if using SOs, you'll probably only want to stick three Heal in a single power. Use the other slots for Recharge or EndRec, so you can use the power more
often and not die of exhaustion while doing it. The same applies if you're using common Invention Origin enhancements. At level 25, a common IO is almost
as good as an SO, from level 30-50 they're better. It really isn't worth it to go beyond three slots for Heal, though.

However...

That's with SO-style slotting.

But what I'd strongly recommend is that you consider using Invention Origin Sets. IO Sets give bonuses if you slot
different enhancements from the same set within the same power. That is to say if I slot a Triage Heal/End and a
Triage End/Rec into Healing Aura, I get the first set bonus, +4% Regen. This is a GLOBAL BONUS.

Now, the point of this is though...ALL the Healing IO Sets have a similar bonus for having four enhancements in a power - they give a GLOBAL boost to your
healing. And I can have several of the same IO Set across
different heal powers.

Triage (Level 10-30): Four enhancements improves the Healing of all your powers by 2%

Regenerative Tissue (Level 10-30): Four enhancements improves the Healing of all your powers by 4%

Harmonized Healing (Level 20-40): Four enhancements improves the Healing of all your powers by 3%.

Miracle (20-40): Four enhancements improves the Healing of all your powers by 5%.

Doctored Wounds (30-50): Four enhancements improves the Healing of all your powers by 4%.

Numina's Convalescence (30-50) Four enhancements improves the Healing of all your powers by 6%.

Obviously the ideal situation is to slot as much Numina and Miracle as you can afford. The trouble is those are the most expensive set there - the individual
recipes and enhancements are VERY VERY expensive in fact, in part because those sets also contains much sought after unique enhancements. Still, the healing
sets in general are a good idea. Slot four in each power, then use the remaining two slots for SOs or common IOs to
round out the numbers - you might need to add another regular heal enhancement, for example because the four IOs alone might not take you to the 95% healing
cap, depending on their types and levels.

Now...

Note that your heals aren't the only powers that take Healing Invention Origin sets. Obviously Healing Aura, Heal Other, and Absorb Pain will take them.
But so will Adrenaline Boost and Regeneration Aura. I suppose you could also pick up the Medicine Power Pool, depending on your build. I'm not sure
you'd WANT to slot your buffs with Healing IO sets just for that global healing buff. I'm just pointing out it is POSSIBLE.

That's my suggestion. Take it as you will.

As Render says though, you can't do squat about power activation and animation times. This is intentional; it's part of game balance, and animation
speed for differnt powers (and whether they rooted you in place or not) was standardized some time back.

-- Acyl

Messages In This Thread
You ah HEALED! ... sorta - by Sofaspud - 04-08-2008, 06:53 PM
[No subject] - by Valles - 04-08-2008, 07:19 PM
[No subject] - by Render - 04-08-2008, 08:15 PM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 04-08-2008, 08:58 PM
[No subject] - by Foxboy - 04-08-2008, 09:21 PM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 04-08-2008, 09:28 PM
[No subject] - by Morganite - 04-08-2008, 10:22 PM
[No subject] - by Sofaspud - 04-08-2008, 10:42 PM
[No subject] - by Wiregeek - 04-09-2008, 01:12 AM
[No subject] - by Evil Midnight Lurker - 04-09-2008, 02:58 AM