I can see right through

All your empty lies.

I won't stay long,

In this world so wrong.

Say goodbye,

As we dance with the devil tonight.

Don't you dare look at him in the eye,

As we dance with the devil tonight.

You are a very brave girl/woman/person, Inyme/Member Clan W'tin, the scientist says as we approach the lab. Like
all of us here, he worries at the moral implications of what I'm about to undergo. But there is no other choice.

Remember, you are our last hope/bastion/resistance. Without you, the Race/People/Society will fall to the decay that the
Perverter/Corrupter/Blasphemer has caused among us. Our purity/purpose/direction is in jeopardy/peril/danger. Though some change/adjustment/evolution is
necessary to adapt/evolve/react, the abandonment/sacrilege/renunciation of the Perverter/Corrupter/Blasphemer is too much.

I understand/comprehend/recognize, I reply. How well I understand. The procedure would probably get the scientists
involved banned from any medical conference and harshly punished among either half of our race. It is considered a punishment akin to these natives' death
sentences, so awful is its effect on the recipient. Unless you're prepared for it. Accepted it as necessary.

I lie down on the table, feeling the utter oneness that I know will soon be gone. My form has already been altered to fit among them. My armor modified to fit
this new form. I wait for the surgeons coming to alter my powers so that I won't stand out. To those already fallen and those who would delay my mission.

It's an odd sensation. Not as unpleasant as you'd think. But for us, it's like night and day. I imagine the Earthers are used to being like this,
away from the constant comfort, contact, and acknowledgement of the rest of their race. But for me....for my mission....I am, for the first time, completely
alone....

My brain comprehends the guttural mangled words of those sending me to this world, but my mind is elsewhere. Still contemplating the utter silence. My briefing
is finished, even though I know it by rote already. My commanding officer looks at me.

"Comprehend: your objectives?"

"Objectives: acknowledged. Mission: accepted."

"Assessment: brave child. Imperative: go and find evidence: condemning. Await your return: we. Remember: not alone, duration: forever."

I turn away and step through the teleportation grid, stepping onto the pavement of Atlas Park. No, I will not be alone forever. I will infiltrate these
treacherous humans, use them to accomplish my mission, and return to my people....and then we will return and lay waste to those that threaten the Rikti.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Messages In This Thread
Riot Force Reports: Enemy Within - by OpMegs - 06-24-2008, 01:48 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 06-24-2008, 03:29 AM
[No subject] - by OpMegs - 06-24-2008, 11:16 AM
[No subject] - by sweno - 06-24-2008, 08:16 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 06-25-2008, 04:18 AM
[No subject] - by Ankhani - 06-25-2008, 06:56 AM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 06-26-2008, 06:49 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 06-26-2008, 02:14 PM
[No subject] - by OpMegs - 06-28-2008, 01:52 PM
[No subject] - by sweno - 06-28-2008, 04:41 PM