Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tales of the Legendary: The Love Life and Suffering of Leon McNichol

Leon tapped a key, then located the 'd' key, then located the space bar with greater ease. Slowly, the report on the investigation into Yarnball was
coming together on his computer. Very slowly. Not for the first time, he considered Nene's offer of helping him with his typing skills. Any grief she gave
him might actually be worth the bonus,

"I had a feeling I'd find you here," said a familiar voice. Leon blinked, then looked up to find Robin Barnes standing there, clad in jeans and
an oversized Paragon Protectors jersey that wasn't quite oversized in certain areas. He paused, briefly taken by a certain memory. "What?" she
asked, ears twitching.

"Nothing. What's up?" he asked.

"Protectors and Red Sox?" she said. "Tickets? We have them?"

Leon paused, then checked his calender. "Holy crap, that's today?" he wondered.

"Not just today, in an hour," she said."I trust you're still interested?"

"Uh, yeah!" Leon said, saving his report and turning off his computer. "I was mostly just getting overtime pay anyway." He gave her a
slightly concerned look. "You sure you're up for this? Insane amount of people, noise, smells..."

"Oh I'll be fine," she said, rolling her eyes. "And besides, I had to rescue the Heroes manager to get these tickets, I'm damn well
going to use them." She waited until he'd gotten his jacket on, then grabbed his hand and started dragging him towards the base teleporters.

Daley Wong, making a return trip from the Coffee Maker of Doom, paused at the sight of a sexy catgirl guiding Leon out of the workplace. "You two have fun
now," he smiled. "And remember what Nene said Leon." His partner shot him a filthy look as they vanished towards Galaxy City.

Behind him, the tiny form of Tamara Reilly, aka Major Starlight, aka the youngest human police officer on the PPDs payroll, regarded the scene with a curious
expression as she swung her backpack over her shoulder. "What'd Nene say to him?" she asked Daley.

He turned, not having realized she was there, and shrugged. "Only that if Leon hurt Knight of the Peace, there'd be hell to pay."

Tam blinked. "That was Knight?" she said. She'd been working the Yarnball case directly, Peacebringers having a greater resistance to Yarnball
then baseline humans, so she'd heard about Robin, if not seen it.

Daley nodded, returning to his desk, forgetting the critical rule of any office place. Rumors and gossip can spread at light speed. In an office place with
superpowers, it was potentially even faster.

Tamara was young, on both the human and Kheldian side. She had the memories of the previous host, but they were somewhat disconnected from her mental state.
And no one could accidentally distort information and rumors faster then a girl heading for her fifteenth birthday.

"Now this... this is something I've missed," Lynna Mason declared as she stretched out on the couch. "I have barely seen or heard from you
in months, aside from the occasional 'not dead' emails."

"Hey, the Academy doesn't make their accelerated training course easy," Tam replied as she dropped into the armchair and closed her eyes for a
moment. "Thank God for not needing as much sleep as I used to," she sighed. Lynna snorted, and Tam cracked an eye open. "Some of those days were
twenty hours long," she noted. "Some of the instructors were so convinced a kid like me was too young, peacebringer or not."

"Well, you pulled it off. Back in uniform, for the very first time," she laughed. Tam chuckled and picked up her can of cola as Lynna channel surfed.
"Brass Monday documentary, cheesy romance, oh hey, baseball."

"Bah. It hasn't been the same since Crey brought out the Statesmen," Tam sighed.

"Hey, you don't turn on your team just because they're owned by an evil manipulative megacorp," Lynna snarked. "You just need to figure
out how to expose the conspiracy, free them, and watch them reclaim their glory."

"Well, if they could pitch decently, they wouldn't have lost their glory in the first place... Hey, see if you can spot Knight of the Peace in the
crowd."

The Warshade snorted. "Sex kitten like that should stand out," she grinned. "What's she doing there? I'd have thought a place like that
would be a nightmare for someone that got that kind of boost to their senses."

Lynna raised an eyebrow as Tamara actually giggled. "She's on a date with Leon."

"... Bull. Rob was a guy two weeks ago. She's not going to be dating a guy, especially not a tail-chaser like McNichol."

Tam shrugged. "Okay, maybe not a 'date' date, but come on... Nene and Ifrit gave Leon the talk."

Lynna sat up slightly. "The 'mess with our sister and they'll never find your remains' talk?"

"That's the one."

"... Huh."

"Well, Nene could just be messing with Leon," Valles mused as she punched a Council goon. The warshade nodded in slight agreement as Brande called
down the fire.

"Maybe Rob was gay," Braende suggested.

"... Nope. He checked out my tight pants," Rhea replied. "The ones that Mr Whiskers said would break Terrs Impervium underwear, and he really
didn't want to know anything else." The pair considered this for a moment. "Possibly bi," she decided at last.

"Well, looks like she's not letting it break her," Smouldering Decay chuckled. "Just wish her taste was better."

Sacae Sabre looked up from where she she searching through some of the books in the Legendary library, and said nothing.

"Oh man," Typhoon Sabre moaned, shoulders slumping. "I figured I might have a shot at Leon. Then in comes the new girl and takes him."

"... Sorry to bring bad news?" Sacae Sabre replied.

Across the room, Priss snorted. "Probably the other way round. Leon's finally getting somewhere with making the moves on someone, it's just that
he's finally getting lucky with a guy," she said, entirely joking.

"That's it!" Mackie declared. "Leon's taken himself out of play, but I don't need to worry about Robin getting in the way of me and
any other guys!" Sylia gave her little sister an odd look, then went upstairs to call Nene. Priss meanwhile, went into the next room to properly break
down laughing.

Sammy looked at the phone oddly. "What?" Purrfect Trick said.

"... Typhoon's convinced that Aunt Robin's gone and gotten herself a boyfriend."

"... okay..."

"THIS UNIT HAS OBSERVED BEHAVIOR THAT WOULD INDICATE SEXUAL ATTRACTION IN BOTH THE DETECTIVE AND KNIGHT OF THE PEACE." MACH Mk.II watched as the
uniformed officers nodded to each other and left. Most unusual.

"Leon shacked up with a sex kitten? Dayum!"

Leon came into work, thoroughly disappointed at the Protectors performance the previous day, only to find something odd going on. Uniformed officers were
grinning at him... well, the men at least. A number of the female officers seemed to be rather furious.

"Nicely done detective," one of the newer recruits said, raising his coffee cup in a mock salute.

"Uh, yeah. Thanks," he replied, slightly confused. Thanks for what?

Shaking his head slightly, he continued on to his desk... to find Nene Romanova standing in front of it, a glare on her face, foot tapping in fury. "...
What?" he said after a moment.

"What have you been telling people McNichol?" she said in short, clipped words. Leon paled. She used his last name! She never used his last name!
"See, I've noticed more then a few rumors floating around today. Stories about you and my soon to be sister-in-law. Did you have fun yesterday?"

"Um... yeah. It was loud, and hot, but overall..." he blinked and looked over his shoulder at the sound of laughter in the hall. "The
hell...?" he murmured, not noticing Nenes face turn a remarkable shade of red...

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Wiregeek - 04-20-2009, 05:33 PM
[No subject] - by sweno - 04-20-2009, 07:35 PM
[No subject] - by Sofaspud - 04-20-2009, 07:35 PM
[No subject] - by Wiregeek - 04-20-2009, 07:41 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 04-21-2009, 12:50 AM
[No subject] - by Sofaspud - 04-21-2009, 12:59 AM
[No subject] - by sweno - 04-21-2009, 01:26 AM
[No subject] - by Sofaspud - 04-21-2009, 01:41 AM
[No subject] - by Ankhani - 04-21-2009, 02:45 AM
[No subject] - by Foxboy - 04-21-2009, 03:35 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 04-21-2009, 04:06 AM