Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMO Relationships
MMO Relationships
An amusing post I found while trawling the Blog-o-Sphere, I find it's an amusing reflection of my own habits in the great world of MMOs.

"Marry/Kiss/KillDon't Return Calls From" as applied to MMOs

Having taken this particular model, I find it an interesting way to look at things, so here's mine.

Marry:

1. City of Heroes

A first, true love and one that's still going. If alts were kids, I'd be paying so many schooling tuitions I could refund the country. As it is, we're in that casual part of the long term relationship where constant conversation isn't necessary because you're just as comfortable with long periods of silence. We still go out for a Task Force now and then, or get together with friends, but even though I'm not always home every night, I know CoX is there waiting whenever I do come home, and to say that she takes up a significant portion of my waking thoughts would not be an understatement by any metric.

Kiss:

2. Star Wars: The Old Republic

Yes, yes she is very, very hot. She hangs out in a lot of the same places as WoW, but her edge is a lot less rough. She doesn't seem to need the same constant crowds and the next newest thing, and long conversations over dinner are actually on the table, as opposed to what the next big social event that everyone else is focusing on is. I get the feeling that she's interested in something a little deeper than the rough, hard treatment most girls of her type go for, but she's not got the history and long affection of CoX. Still, I suspect we'll be feeling each other out for a while, and enjoying ourselves in the process.

Casual Acquantances:

3. Champions Online

CoX's younger step-sister, she was born after the divorce, and it really shows. On the one hand, her dad's a slightly better parent than he was when he was raising CoX, but on the other hand, you can still tell that Champs has all the same problems that CoX grew out of after she moved out. She's got a fancier wardrobe and she's got the same good genes as her sister, but in the end, you just get the feeling that for all that she's younger and hotter and a little more wild and crazy, there's an underlying immaturity whenever you try to just sit down and talk with her that just turns me off. We had a few dates, and maybe she'll grow up eventually, but for right now, we don't really hang out.

4. Star Trek Online

Champs' little sister, and a really smart kid, by all accounts. She lives with her step-mom now rather than her birth mother after *another* messy divorce (noticing a trend?) and from what I hear, it's for the better. Last I saw her, she was still gangly and gawky and definitely geeky, but with a certain intelligence that made you think she'd grow up real good. I hear she's gotten better since her step-mom seems more interested in raising her than just pulling a child support check, so maybe I'll see about asking her out for drinks at a later date. I hear she's got a real head for numbers if that's your thing.

Blacklist:

5. World of Warcraft

Ugh, this is an ugly story. I mean, I liked her back when we were both younger and she still went by Warcraft III. But these days, she's changed a lot to fit in with the popular crowd, and what I saw in her back then doesn't seem to be there still. All she seems to care about is expensive things from her thousands of groupies, and whatever she's into now, you know it'll be out of date by the time you can get to it. There's some people that're probably having the ride of their lives in the glitzy, high-profile world that WoW's made her adult career out of, but I'm not one of them. I just sort of reminisce now and then about those old albums of our younger days.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Messages In This Thread
MMO Relationships - by OpMegs - 01-06-2012, 10:32 PM
[No subject] - by dark seraph - 01-06-2012, 11:40 PM
[No subject] - by Ebony - 01-07-2012, 01:39 AM
[No subject] - by Ankhani - 01-07-2012, 02:23 AM
[No subject] - by Dragonflight - 01-09-2012, 07:30 PM