Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Tidbit From Rather Far Out Yet...

Is mischief out of character for Eimi? I'm not familiar with her source, but the degree of adventurousness required to tag along with Doug as a laptop... Well, the two kinds of protagonist I enjoy the most are the Outsider, who is flung or dragged unwilling into the plot, and the Trickster, who is by definition mischievous. Whenever it isn't obvious that they aren't, I tend to assume any protagonist has at least a faint resemblance to one or both – and Eimi is completely willing and not at all Outsider-like, so that leaves the Trickster.

Incidentally, the term "Outsider" (which I invented on the spot trying to express myself) doesn't have anything to do with the protagonist being foreign to the main setting; that's just the most obvious cause which gives the entire concept a convenient label. What makes an Outsider is the explicit goal of a resumption of normalcy, of returning home. Doug is an Outsider, but Eimi is almost the antithesis: she jumped at the opportunity to leave home, and has no particular plans to return to Fenspace.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Pyeknu - 03-19-2013, 03:44 PM
[No subject] - by Hazard - 03-19-2013, 03:49 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 03-19-2013, 04:04 PM
[No subject] - by Proginoskes - 03-19-2013, 05:27 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 03-19-2013, 11:26 PM