Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Half Score of Songs
Re: A Half Score of Songs
First off, thanks for the suggestions, and especial thanks for the links to the lyrics; that's very convenient.
Now, to address some of the suggestions. A few of these songs I've addressed in other threads, or have already thought about.
Dirty Deeds I have long envisioned giving him any of the various "tools" it mentions, but for reasons of personal style and idiom, Doug would invariably choose the TNT; then, under V&V mechanics he'd often "pull his punch" on the damage to the point where its effect was merely cosmetic.
I Don't Like Mondays I had suggested as an alternate theme song for DW2; I had also considered it as a song that would make a boomer go rogue.
Time warp I've already covered elsewhere (the search function doesn't seem to be working right now for me, so I can't link it here) -- I saw it as bringing in instances of himself from up and down his own personal timeline; a temporal fugue sort of power.
Okay, now the new stuff.
I like the idea of Nowhere Man as a banishment song; that's rather cool.
Go West I'll take under advisement.
Cold As Ice reminds me somewhat of the old Foreigner song by the same name, which I have long envisioned as giving a recipient ice powers in the same way that Invisible Touch granted TK. It could work either way, I suspect. (Oh, and for another song like that, I'm So Hot For Her (And She's So Cold) by the Stones -- Doug gets fire powers and a woman of his choice gets ice powers. I had thought about doing that with Lisa as a followup to "Sailor Loon" but dropped it when plot developments went elsewhere.)
Birdhouse In Your Soul -- quite frankly, I love TMBG, but the songs are so twisted and surreal most of the time that I can't really get a good handle on what they might be capable of in Doug's hands. This suggestion is as good as any.
Combine Harvester (Brand New Key) has got to be weirder than any TMBG song I've ever heard, though. This is one I've got to go find just to hear what it sounds like.
Lily the Pink. Uh-huh. Is this the point where I start backing away slowly and avoid making sudden moves? Seriously, this sounds fun enough that it might be worth adding a "dueling potions" scene with Doug and Urd in DW5 just so he can use it.
Heaven Can Wait. I like this -- especially the fact that he has to be in good enough shape to know he needs to use it, and can still do so. Some nice auto-limiters in there.
-- Bob
(Edit: bad markup)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Messages In This Thread
A Half Score of Songs - by Merior - 01-02-2003, 01:54 AM
Re: A Half Score of Songs - by Bob Schroeck - 01-02-2003, 07:58 AM
Re: A Half Score of Songs - by Zojojojo - 01-02-2003, 07:45 PM
Re: A Half Score of Songs - by Bob Schroeck - 01-02-2003, 09:49 PM
Re: A Half Score of Songs - by Merior - 01-04-2003, 09:01 PM