Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I call upon the Giant Robot!
Re: I call upon the Giant Robot!
I think your missing a few things. For instance, Solid state fuel swords... they either have to be mounted on a limb or the hand/manipulator has to be armored to take the heat. also the limb must be strong enough to counter the thrust of the weapon. You can't turn them off once ignighted and they only last so long. They are cheap though and the area effect heat could set off munitions... plus blocking it could do be hard and recoil the other weapon... however if it goes off from damage or is dropped its a whole new weapon.
I note a lack of mines, dropable timed explosive packs, or grenades... this is seems illogical... also depth charged and air dropped dumbfire bombs. With airborn mechs and large scale battles incidiary and explosive carpet bombing. Plus mechs or devices with jamming equipment to screw with people.
Also, as a merc there should be a job board available, and NPC battles going on. It adds realism and lets players watch as NPCs get credit for random missions that effect the plot. This way you can have the situation change regularrly plotwise (thus increasing replay) and offer experienced players a chance to be uber early on and alter the storyline when they as random merc #732 suddenly shows up in a junker and possible kill off major NPCs players or stop/lessen the negative/positive effects of a early battle.
Also, the option to interfer with battles they shouldn't be in shows up. Join in as side 3 or 4 and if the player is good/crazy enough let them screw with other peoples battles. Granted they won't be payed for it unless the help one side out enough to make a difference and they can get reputation points this way. You could also let them go GTA on the feild and do things like run around chucking grenades and using ECM to screw with everyone if they are bored. Unless they manage to get everyone else to bail on the battle in confusion or defeat. Attempting to steal salvage from someone elses battle is also an option I'd enjoy. Also this would let you save pilots from the losing side (they'd owe you) or capture pilots and hold them for ransom. Of course if they catch you or track you you have to defend yourself or bribe your way out of things.
Let me hire NPCs that aren't combatants. Guys that can buy sell legally and not. Salvage more or less effectively. Mechanics that can repair my stuff cheaper or scrap salavage to try and make better parts. A NPC mechanic that offers me alternate configurations of my mechs that are more towards my play style, making one that offers stupid (but improving) designs would be nice... a suggested customized mech design is good for people who don't wantt to micromanage. If you have sensor grades, a mech with powerful sensors could allow you to see what the other mech is made of (not that the player can use this in the feild that much), if the discipline of your crew it right, the moder NPC could start telling you to take out the mech a certan way so that you can salvage such and such a part. This offers a optional mission objective and if you do it will level that NPC faster and make it like you more.
If you make a two seater of a larger mech let me hire a NPC to manage the anti-missle, ECCM, ECM, and/or be the tail gunner. Alternately allow a multiplayer option that lets one guy drive /operate the forward guns and another shoot the other weapons. A transformed heavy mech in artilery mode could have the second operator use the defenseive weapons while the other guy aims.
Well that is the first wave of suggestions that come to mind for me.

Messages In This Thread
I call upon the Giant Robot! - by Valles - 10-29-2007, 07:35 AM
Re: I call upon the Giant Robot! - by Necratoid - 10-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Re: I call upon the Giant Robot! - by CattyNebulart - 10-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Re: I call upon the Giant Robot! - by Acyl - 10-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Re: I call upon the Giant Robot! - by Valles - 10-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Re: I call upon the Giant Robot! - by CattyNebulart - 10-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Re: I call upon the Giant Robot! - by Valles - 10-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Re: I call upon the Giant Robot! - by Deadpan29 - 10-30-2007, 12:51 AM
Re: I call upon the Giant Robot! - by Norgarth - 10-30-2007, 04:25 AM
Re: I call upon the Giant Robot! - by Kokuten - 10-30-2007, 06:26 AM
Re: I call upon the Giant Robot! - by Sirrocco - 10-30-2007, 06:52 AM