Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air bags, not just a good idea they're a GREAT idea

Anyone who predicted the guy tried to flee the scene because he didn't actually have insurance has won a genuine imitation no-prize. Well, I guess that's why I pay for the Uninsured/Underinsured portion of my car insurance.
The car has been to a mechanic for a repair estimate (thousands more than I paid for the car) and now I'm in week four of waiting for a decision. Meanwhile I've been looking through listings getting an idea for just what's available now. I can pick up a used hybrid or plug-in hybrid for less than I paid for the car that got smashed up. A plug-in hybrid would be pretty nifty as the place I work at has multiple charging stations available (some of our fleet are plug-in hybrids so they installed the stations originally for them but they're available for staff too). Since most of my commuting miles are to work and back I could potentially cut my gas purchases drastically even without a charging station at the apartment complex.
And according to The Fount of All Knowledge I can thank Walter Linderer and John W Hetrick for airbags. After I showed my doctor a picture of my car he said the side airbag probably saved me from having a concussion. I've continued feeling pretty good, the car may be totaled by I've walked away with just a sprained thumb/wrist, which is occasionally annoying but far, far better than it could have been.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by robkelk - 10-24-2016, 01:27 AM
[No subject] - by LilFluff - 10-24-2016, 01:39 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 10-24-2016, 02:49 AM
[No subject] - by Jinx999 - 10-24-2016, 07:51 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 10-24-2016, 08:07 PM
[No subject] - by LilFluff - 11-26-2016, 07:18 AM