Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does GM make decent cars nowadays?
RE: Does GM make decent cars nowadays?
As in, they'll loan you ten grand to buy one?

They certainly don't make 'bad' cars. The days of the 'bad' car are long since past. But at the same time, I've always seen GM cars and US cars in general as being very 'guilded'. They're all about giving the impression of a premium experience, while being built down to a price in the places you can't really see. They are heavily value engineered. I couldn't recommend a particular model since the NA range is different from ours.

But, the Germans have gotten so much worse for that lately it's not even funny. German cars are very much warranty engineered. They have plastic bits in the stupidest places - where they'll just disintegrate and fall into the engine.

We don't get that much from GM. Chevrolet are Korean rebages, but some people like Opels. You might have them under a different name.

If you've no real reasons to change, I wouldn't. If the Mazda's threatening to expire, then maybe. But I've got a 12yo Mazda still humming along at 146k+ and, while it's showing its age at this point, it's still reliable. Mazda's run well, even if they do rust.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
Does GM make decent cars nowadays? - by robkelk - 10-09-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: Does GM make decent cars nowadays? - by Dartz - 10-09-2017, 06:06 PM
RE: Does GM make decent cars nowadays? - by Dartz - 10-10-2017, 12:37 PM