Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does GM make decent cars nowadays?
RE: Does GM make decent cars nowadays?
(10-09-2017, 06:06 PM)Dartz Wrote: As in, they'll loan you ten grand to buy one?

More like "give me ten grand to buy one, as long as I spend at least ten grand too." And I have the ten grand.

(10-09-2017, 06:06 PM)Dartz Wrote: They certainly don't make 'bad' cars. The days of the 'bad' car are long since past. But at the same time, I've always seen GM cars and US cars in general as being very 'guilded'. They're all about giving the impression of a premium experience, while being built down to a price in the places you can't really see. They are heavily value engineered. I couldn't recommend a particular model since the NA range is different from ours.

Hmmmmm... There was a time when our family wouldn't buy anything that wasn't a Ford. But that time's long gone now.

(10-09-2017, 06:06 PM)Dartz Wrote: If you've no real reasons to change, I wouldn't. If the Mazda's threatening to expire, then maybe. But I've got a 12yo Mazda still humming along at 146k+ and, while it's showing its age at this point, it's still reliable. Mazda's run well, even if they do rust.

The only non-cosmetic thing wrong with the Mazda is that the air conditioning doesn't work. I've put 98k on her in those seven years, and I'm the only owner... I think I'm talking myself out of buying a new car here, which wasn't what I started this thread to do. I need more data.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
Does GM make decent cars nowadays? - by robkelk - 10-09-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: Does GM make decent cars nowadays? - by Dartz - 10-09-2017, 06:06 PM
RE: Does GM make decent cars nowadays? - by robkelk - 10-09-2017, 08:21 PM
RE: Does GM make decent cars nowadays? - by Dartz - 10-10-2017, 12:37 PM