Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Senate comes up with an idea to avoid future government shutdowns
RE: US Senate comes up with an idea to avoid future government shutdowns
(03-25-2018, 06:50 AM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: This isn't a uniquely US problem, Australia suffers from the same thing. I myself spent two years in a university course I had no interest in, chosen almost at random, solely because my high school had spent six years beating it into my head that university was the only option and a manufacturing trade meant I was a failure as a human being. As a side note, after crashing out of uni, I've spent the past fourteen years in the same manufacturing job, and done reasonably well for myself. The shame schools and the media attach to trades is bullshit, and even though we've made progress in Australia over the past decade or so, especially with the growth of trade schools and traineeships, more still needs to be done.

Yeah, I've noticed that here myself in Colorado. Plus, there's the whole "WHY ARE YOU MAKING THAT FOR YOURSELF YOU COULD JUST GO DOWN TO THIS STORE AND BUY IT FOR CHEAPER ONCE YOU FACTOR IN YOUR HOURS SPENT!" Which doesn't help for those who even want to do it as a hobby.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Senate comes up with an idea to avoid future government shutdowns - by LynnInDenver - 03-25-2018, 09:35 AM