Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI
(03-18-2018, 02:56 PM)Morganite Wrote: This page is also broken now.

This guy seems to love subpages for those language boxes... is there even a productive purpose to that?

-Morgan.

Thanks - the page is fixed (and protected) now.

And, no, there is no productive purpose for what he's doing. In fact, it uses more system resources and disk space than the way that I did it.

And he installed Module:Pagetype  Is that going to break anything?

And he broke pages "Javascript" and "Category:Javascript" by changing their content model from plaintext to Javascript. (They've been reverted.)

And he posted a copy of the Welcome message to two User Talk pages, one of which belongs to the Abuse filter. This may be "Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking", or it may be a malicious user testing what he can and cannot get away with.

And one that I cannot overlook: he changed the General Disclaimer without permission. I've reverted that page and protected it so that only admins can edit it. The reason I gave is "This page documents part of the legal agreement between All The Tropes and its users. Changes to it must be discussed with the administrators before being made." (The change he made was changing "You agree not to send automated requests to our website faster than a human could browse the site," to "You agree not to send automated requests to our website faster than Google could browse the site," - which would have left us open to DDoS attacks.)

I think he's had his three strikes, but I'll let him respond to Geth's comment on his User Talk page.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XI - by robkelk - 03-18-2018, 03:17 PM
NEW FORUM IS READY! - by GethN7 - 05-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Yeesh - by Bob Schroeck - 05-17-2018, 01:44 PM
Fun with Tabber - by GethN7 - 06-07-2018, 03:11 AM