Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RFC] Going beyond simply filing off the serial numbers?
RE: [RFC] Going beyond simply filing off the serial numbers?
Part of this is kinda inspired by The Gods Are Bastards web novel. Another part is inspired by the webcomic Darwin Carmichael is Going to Hell where a myriad of 'Gods' have pretty much become working joes like you or I. I mean, the main character's case worker is freakin' Ganesh, he has a manticore as a 'pet', a bunch of constantly stoned angels as roomies (along with a tortured-artist and his girlfriend who is a muse), and a genuine satyr as his landlord.

Great comic. I highly recommend it.

Anyhow, my idea wasn't so much deus ex machinas abound, but more that the gods - all gods - have become diminished, and it's all they can do just to maintain a small handful of devout and try to gently nudge humanity along a path that won't have them obliterating themselves.

And in the midst of this, we'll have the main character who is taken in by one of these malefactors. Loki is indeed a mad god - and I don't mean angry here. He's gone off the deep end and snapped - badly enough that Hella, Fenris, and Jormungandr start doing what they can to spare him the worst of their father's rages. They more or less adopt him as a brother.

Fenris decrees that all mortal canines of Earth will come to his aid when he is in need.
Hella decrees that no illness or disease will ever taking him.
Jormungandr decrees that the Oceans will never claim his life.

And for the most part, his life is spent hiding from Loki, learning to use the powers that being his Avatar grants him, occasionally getting caught by the insane god, and being freed again by Loki's children.

This should prove interesting, to say the least.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RFC] Going beyond simply filing off the serial numbers? - by Black Aeronaut - 02-26-2019, 01:52 PM