Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortions for Some, Miniature Irish Flags for Others.
RE: Abortions for Some, Miniature Irish Flags for Others.
They do get in the way some.

There is a proposal to allow citizens abroad to vote in referendums. I think, one look at the funding of this campaign, and how it's being run, should tell you everything you need to know about why that's a bad idea. You have millions of people who hjave no real understanding of the country beyond it being the hole their grandparents left - and sometimes it feels like they get dissapointed when it turns out it's not the utter hole they theyve been brought up thinking they escaped.

It is telling that only one side in the referendum is complaining about a private organisation imposing a ban on adverts funded by non-Irish entities - and are calling it an attempt to rig the election and are basically admitting that foreign-funded advertising has been a cornerstone of their campaign. If you're relying on metric fucktons of foreign money to buy the referendum, there's probably a lack of substance there somewhere, maybe it's not the people stopping you from doing it who're rigging the thing.

But that Irish American money is still being felt. There's 5 'No' leaflets been dropped in the door in the last week. While the ones through the door paint a picture of a happy mammy cradling a tummy  - they save the graphically aborted fetusus for the maternity hospitals. A handy thing to be confronted with when not everyone going to the Rotunda is going there for the good news....  

---

As a historical curiositry, the amendments to the Irish constitution have been as follows

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abortions for Some, Miniature Irish Flags for Others. - by Dartz - 05-10-2018, 02:50 PM