Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortions for Some, Miniature Irish Flags for Others.
RE: Abortions for Some, Miniature Irish Flags for Others.
It's a fairly enthusiastic Yes, alright.

The sheer scale of it has taken the country by surprise. To the point where the exit polls were assumed to be wrong at first.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2018/05...eferendum/

There's some interesting statistics that can be dug down. The majority of voters still identified as Catholic. Howerver, few 'Yes' voters regularly attended mass . On the other hand, No Voters were most likely to be elderly, and attend Mass at least once a week.

Meanwhile
American Conservatives who moved to Ireland claim referendum was rigged.

This, of course, ignores the constant reminders to ensure you were on the register of electors in the months beforehand (It takes 5 minutes online) because the process can make mistakes, and then subsequently, that there is actually a voter I.D. requirement that goes beyond just handing in the voting card at the desk.

Or, how about lying to immigration officials to come in and campaign

There're anecdotal reports of Americans setting up shop outside polling stations, in contravention of regulations, and being encouraged to move along by police before a posse of locals descended upon them.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abortions for Some, Miniature Irish Flags for Others. - by Dartz - 05-27-2018, 10:58 AM