Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached
RE: Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached
I'm gonna wade in here and put the odds on this actually going anywhere except failure as basically zero.

Whether you like Trump or consider Orange Mad Bad, this has to be the most nakedly partisan impeachment attempt ever done in American history.

Nixon left immutable, irrevocable evidence of his guilt and resigned before his inevitable impeachment would have gone through.

Clinton was impeached, but what he did, while disgraceful, was nowhere near the level of getting him kicked out of office.

Andrew Johnson was impeached for breaking a law later declared unconstitutional and the whole thing was a partisan dagger throwing exercise and even some Republicans weren't willing to die on the hill of such skullduggery.

Trump has even less clearly defined, no wiggle room WHATSOEVER evidence of guilt on him then even Johnson had (at least Johnson blatantly admittedly defying the Tenure of Office Act), and this whole thing is an even more shameless dagger throwing exercise.

If Trump is truly guilty of any truly impeachable offense (and the evidence for that is really shoddy at best from where I sitting), then by all means I want him impeached. However, given the preponderance of all the evidence I've weighed, I have an incredibly hard time seeing this as anything other than yet more evidence the Democrats never got over losing in 2016, and however the dice fall, fine, I'm cool with that.

I just want this to be put to bed one way or the other for good because the US has wasted enough time on this drama.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached - by GethN7 - 12-11-2019, 08:08 PM