Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
[OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(07-27-2018, 05:43 PM)Labster Wrote: Does the 300 post rule apply here?

I believe so, yes. Old thread is old.

(07-27-2018, 05:43 PM)Labster Wrote: I'm also a little lost, but the madhouse is fun. If you to be even more lost, I'm thinking about throwing in the plot of Highway Blossoms somewhere in the background, because hey, why not have a minor gold rush in the American Southwest? It's a yuri visual novel, and I happen to have a spare Steam key, if anyone's interested. The adult patch is easy to find, too. The plot seems like... what if Carl Barks could actually write female characters? Since the entirety of the story takes place between Roswell and Palm Springs, BA would probably have priority.

Defining Enjo Kosai:
1: dating with compensation (payments, financial support, etc.);
2: schoolgirl prostitution

Well that clears it up.

Yeah... Sometimes I think the Japanese try to cram too much meaning into some of their terms.

(07-27-2018, 04:58 PM)Dartz Wrote: I've completely lost track of what's going on and who everyone is so Imma just gonna go over here.

As I understand it (and to have a quick list at the start of the thread):

You've got the all-android household. Kestrel has the all-AI warehouse. Labster has the cute-girls-doing-"everyday"-things household. BA has the kick-ass household. I've got the magical-warrior-girl household, something of an outrider to BA's household. Seraviel has the fighting-mages-or-equivalent household (although he didn't make the jump from Yuku to Bob's in-house board). Rajvik has the "Evangelion and Firefly" household. Ah! Megami-sama, Black Butler, Black Lagoon, Predator, and Jack of Kinrowan are also known to exist in the setting.

Events happening in the short term:
  • Black Aeronaut and Labster are still introducing their characters.
  • I've advanced my part of the story a couple of months further than anyone else, have almost all my characters introduced, have started to get some action scenes in, and a few of my characters have started to get power-ups and/or get into non-canon relationships.
  • Some of us want to have an all-writers Halloween party, to be held at San Antonio - working notes here EDIT: Newer and more stable here, but you have to have an account to read it.

Medium-term:
  • More conflict scenes (man vs. man, man vs. nature, man vs. himself, etc.) - change up the protagonists/antagonists to show this is all happening in the same shared world
  • Share resources and build non-canon relationships within groups (e.g. however the friendship goes between Tessa and Fate Testraossa)
  • Share resources and build relationships between groups (e.g. Washuu-chan's "Good Neighbor System", Rin Tohsaka and Kazari Uriharu's acquaintance)
  • Come up with a plausible reason and mechanism to get some groups into orbit/space, so the spacefaring cultures can be introduced

Long-term:
  • Come to grips with the idea that nobody's going "home"
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
[OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by robkelk - 07-28-2018, 11:26 AM