Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Okay, after going through the threads, I don't think I've come out with this detail yet.

I've had this idea for a long time, actually.  Ever since the original conception of TNB because I felt Ben needed a power-up suitable to put him on par for the Tenchi-verse.  And I think that the A's arc is as good as any spot for it.

And soooo.... what if Ben somehow got a pet Masu...  Nothing as over-the-top as what happened to Tenchi when a whole bunch of them took a female form and followed Ryo-Ohki's desire to be helpful...

More like just one of the little fellers took a shine to him...  And everyone felt it would be safer just to let it be.  It seemed content with Ben, and even if Ben got a bit frustrated, it wasn't like he was feeling any aggression towards anyone, so the Masu would remain non-aggressive.  (Maybe a bit protective, but nothing serious since everyone tool the little Masu seriously!)

And then we get to the A's arc.

Ben has Washu-chan lock up the Masu - as much as he hates to do it, he doesn't want to chance the property damage, even if they can do their battles in a dimensional layer.

But the little guy does get out.  And not a moment too soon, because Ben just got his ass handed to him by Vita.  (He was supposed to sneak up on Shamal and nail her with his AMF, but the Belkan's caught wise and set up a trap.)  And I don't just mean 'a little roughed up'.  I mean he loses an arm and has to tie a tourniquet with his web belt before he can bleed-out.  The little Masu is at a loss, so it does the only thing it can do.

It integrates itself with Ben.  And Vita's shit is royally fucked.

Quote:“You’re not dead yet?” came Vita’s voice from up above, raising Ben’s hackles.  “Boy, you weren’t kidding when you said you’d be hard to kill.  Sorry, it’s not usually in my nature to kick a guy when he’s down like this.  Belkan Code, you know.  But you’re way too dangerous to allow to run around.”

“shut up.”

“...What?” said Vita in surprise.

“I told you to shut up,” said Ben as he slowly and painfully levered himself up.  Squishy had fixed the major damage, but all the smaller hurts had remained.  But that only became fuel - fuel that was added to the massive bunker that was his rage at life’s unfairness, and how he so dearly wanted to wreck life’s shit until it caved in to his desires.

“I’m so fucking DONE with this bull shit!” snarled Ben as his rage started to spool up, hitting critical levels as he felt his chest become heavy and hot.  “I’m gonna beat you down so fucking hard that you won’t be able to stop me from turning you over my knee and whaling the goddamned tar out of you!”

And then without really thinking about it, he raised his right arm, shut his eyes, and felt something release.

He only heard a brief scream saying “MASS WEAPON!?” before the was a massive report that knocked Ben back down on his ass.

Once he could open his eyes again, it was to a mind-bending tableau.  A few hundred feet away there was a fireball climbing up into the sky, a thin plume of smoke stretching up and away from it already, capped by a growing mushroom-shaped top.

Did I just...

Suddenly, Yuuno was there, yelling something... Ben couldn’t tell because he had been deafened by the blast - not enough to pierce his ear drums, but he wouldn't hear much for the next few minutes.

He pointed at his ear, made a fist, and then a ‘boom’ motion with his hand.

Yuuno grimaced, then nodded, understanding exactly what had happened.  He simply helped Ben up and then cast a short-range teleport spell. If Yuuno understood only one thing, it was that Ben had been severely hurt and needed to get to Washu-chan ASAP.

##

Shamal knew that Vita was in trouble.  Fortunately for her, the area was clear for the moment, their enemies having withdrawn, allowing Shamal the chance to do the same with Vita.

And Vita was in a sorry state indeed - he barrier jacket all but completely destroyed, blackened and soot stained, and Vita with second degree flash burns all over her body.

“Saint Kaiser’s Blood!  What happened to you Vita!?”

Vita winced as she slowly tried to push herself up.  “it’s... bad shamal.  he’s got... NGH!  mass weapon now.”

Shamal went to work right away, running a quick diagnostic.  “But he’s always had mass weapons.”

“no... reaction mass weapon.  think... was antimatter.”

The color drained out of Shamal’s face and she checked the diagnostic report.  Indeed, Vita had been exposed to a truly horrendous burst of X-Rays so intense that it nearly flash-cooked her on the spot.  This was bad - not only because Shamal was going to need to spend the rest of the day repairing the systemic DNA damage and radiation burns, but also because this would definitely burn through several pages in The Book of Darkness.  

At a certain point in the history of ancient Belka, even the most bloodthirsty among them had given up on reaction weapons such as those simply because they were far too destructive.  What good was a world conquered and pacified when it wasn't in one piece anymore?  And now?  Now there was someone with Nanoha’s people who had access to Matter/Anti-matter weapons.

“Mother of Kaisers... What have we started?”

A bit of informational material....  The site will be the Ingram Square Mall at Loop 410 and Ingram Road.  It's a good thing this is in a dimensional layer, because DAAAYYYUUUUUM!!!

First, some data...

.jpg   M-AM 20ton Info2.JPG (Size: 54.67 KB / Downloads: 135)

Now, a basic map.  Note that the thermal burn intensity tapers off dramatically near the 15psi 5psi overpressure threshold...

And to help invision it a bit better, one with satellite imagery.

I had to highlight the 1psi threshold so it can be seen.  Also, I threw in a small blue X-mark on the shopping mall, indicating where Ben would be when he fires that sucker off.  The idea is that Vita saw what was coming and tried to get the hell out of there, but the projectile landed almost right on her heels.  Effin' ouch.

The Belkans will definitely be regarding Ben far more warily after this point.  What he has isn't a good close-in weapon... but he can still hit them from a safe distance.  Which is very bad news because with Fate being able to kite them like nobody's business, and Yunno and Arf to lend support...  Tenchi can even keep Signum occupied!  And Ben?  Now Ben can hit them like a ballistic missile submarine - you won't know he's there until the bombs are on their way.  And this is going to prove to be absolutely pivotal when it comes time to deal with the BoD's Self-Defense System.

Trust me, after this?  Washu is DEFINITELY gonna work with him on controlling how big of a boom he makes, but this will still be something Ben considers 'the nuclear option'.  That is, until he unlocks a secondary firing mode.  It takes far more effort on his part, but there's much less collateral damage.

Instead of shooting a projectile with a payload, instead he performs a carefully controlled internal M/AM annihilation, and shoots a high-intensity beam of x-rays a la Megatron when he decided he wasn't screwing around anymore or Shockwave.  But that's gonna be more of a second season thing.

Just imagine what Jail Scaglietti will think of this.

Soooo....  Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 08-17-2018, 09:11 AM