Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
I'm back in the U.S. after quite a long bit in Scotland, which was really nice, but didn't really have any downtime where I could get my writing done.  I guess this is my fault for trying to do like half of my guidebook, lol.  And I ended up going to two conferences instead of just one at the end, as a bunch of people from my company got together before the main conference, and even gave talks and such.

So I'm starting to get back in the swing of things here.  One thing I had a lot of ideas about on the trip was what to do with Akari, and her relationship with the fey.  For Samhain, she should meet up with Cait Sith, and have her inner eye be opened to where she can see the fey around her.  I'm thinking that Akari having fey magic is probably something that already existed, because in canon she always manages to find the ways between the worlds, and things always seem to go her way in the natural world.  It's like someone's loaded the dice, and if it's not because she's a Mary Sue, then it's because unseen spirits have been helping her all along.

There are two ways I could go for Halloween/Samhain, and I don't know which way to go yet.  Akari could end up going into faerie land, some place green with trees and hills and such, and celebrate with all of the traditional fairies.  The Fairy Glen I visited in Skye would be a suitable backdrop.  Or being that we're in San Antonio, she could end up visiting the local fey, which would be people like Coyote and Spider Grandmother and all of the kachinas. (Given that we know very very little about Coahuiltecan culture, I'd end up pulling from traditions to the west.)  I really could go either way at this point, so please offer opinions as to which would be more world-consistent or interesting to read.

This is definitely my first SI-fic ever, and only my second published fic.  (One of these days I ought to actually write some of my Doctor Who/Sailor Moon crossover, Stellar Companion, which places the lovely and talented Aino Minako in the role of the Doctor's companion.)  I'm resistant to giving my SI too many superpowers; a lot of superhero stories stop discussing ordinary people and ordinary lives entirely, despite the fact that the intersection between the powerful and the powerless is an interesting place dramatically.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 08-21-2018, 12:53 AM