Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(09-03-2018, 01:31 PM)robkelk Wrote: Rob looked at the railgun that Niiko was holding. "Very nice work. I might have gone with a holdout version as well - less ammo, but easily concelable up a sleeve. Not that that or this are at all legal in Canada, so don't let me see you taking them outside without permission from me, Mii, or Usagi."

The rounds are the same size and general shape as ten-penny finishing nails - just the head of the nail is nonexistent.  Mikoto has proven time and time again that an object doesn't have to be heavy to do grievous damage, just sufficiently accelerated.  So while the magazines might be a bit on the heavy side, the "quantity has its strategic value" trope applies here.  These aren't necessarily sniper rifles - more like someone crammed a heavy machine gun down into a package that can be wielded like an assault rifle.

What's more is that these railguns don't have any moving parts besides the magazine spring, follower, and magazine release.  Hell, it doesn't even have a 'trigger' as we'd recognize it.  The top of the magazine acts as 'the chamber' and for this reason the guns can basically fired at any rate of fire they so choose by manipulating the firing circuitry inside the railgun.

This is pretty much the weapon that gets issued out when your opponent is basically on the same level as the Wolkenritter.

Quote:"I can see the use, though, in side-arm and holdout models.  They won't have quite the same punch, but these won't be intended for long range targets anyhow.  Gimme about a week and we should have some fabbed up."

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 09-03-2018, 03:07 PM