Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hit-and-Run - Emergency Threatens Livelihood (gofundme campaign)
Hit-and-Run - Emergency Threatens Livelihood (gofundme campaign)
So, I realized I was pushing this in my fanfic thread, and hadn't posted it properly, on this board. I'll post it here, then.

To sum it up, I was in a hit-and-run. Got a witness and the guy's plate, filed a police report (image included in campaign). The accident, however, screwed up my neck, my car, and my ability to work. I've been playing catch-up with the bills from pretty much day one, and have repeatedly had my arse handed to me by the ongoing proceedings.

1) Other guy's insurance company, a skeezy outfit named 'Lyndon Southern', officially denied responsibility (image included in campaign). This occurred early on enough that I was forced to raise the donation cap from 2000 to 4000. I am considering another such raise, given my current situation, but feel that it would be premature before the current goal is met and this month's bills successfully warded off.
2) My lawyer has turned to filing a claim against my Uninsured Motorist coverage. There has been no response as of yet that I am aware of.
3) My neck-and-arm injury seemed, at first, to be moderate inflammation of the neck, severe trauma to the rotator cuff, but as time wore on, the arm healed, the neck was...revealed to be significantly worse. I had surgery one week ago, today, to repair a tendon in my neck attached to my right collarbone.
4) Between prescriptions, bills, and groceries, I have no money, and owe the hospital over $10,000 (NOT part of the claim). My lawyer has already advised me that my therapy bill plus his service fee of 34% means I will see little to no monetary remuneration for the injury claim.
5) I have not managed to scrape together the premium required to have my car repaired.
6) My A/C (specifically the fan) recently decided to go on a semi-permanent vacation, in a rather dramatic fashion. After checking the fuses, then the owner's manual, which, to my surprise, revealed the fan motor *has* no fuses, I am at a loss as to the cause apart from 'bad fan motor'. I cannot get down under my dashboard to check connections, nor can I pay a professional to look and see what's what, either.
7) I am either in the middle of, or hopefully getting over, a respiratory infection that may or may not have been caused by the surgery's antibiotics.

For lack of anywhere better to post this (if there is somewhere, please feel free to move it or let me know so I can move it myself), I am including this link.

Please, read all the updates for the full story. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Link: GoFundMe: Hit-and-Run Threatens Livelihood
I need your help. I was in a hit-and-run accident. Click on the link to see the gofundme campaign with the details.

Messages In This Thread
Hit-and-Run - Emergency Threatens Livelihood (gofundme campaign) - by MarshalGraves - 08-13-2018, 05:23 AM