Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump blocks release of White House statement praising McCain
RE: Trump blocks release of White House statement praising McCain
And it sounds like this all pissed off folks on both sides of the aisle yesterday; according to CBS radio news as I was driving in, the White House got all kinds of flak from Congress. His Orangeness was finally forced to make something that approached but wasn't really all that close to a proper acknowledgment of McCain's legacy, delivered in his inimitable style. I'd say he'd been shamed into it but I doubt very much he actually has ever felt shame.

CBS took a nice little shot at him, too -- after playing his eloquent 10-second tribute to McCain, the newsperson then added, "The President's feelings about John McCain are well known", followed by playing the "I like people who weren't captured" soundbite.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump blocks release of White House statement praising McCain - by Bob Schroeck - 08-28-2018, 07:28 AM