Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A CYOA in Worm or I think my name is No No
RE: A CYOA in Worm or I think my name is No No
**Missy/Vista**
It was almost time for the evening news when I watched the three newest Wards manage to make it back to the Wards area and collapse together onto the couch. “Missy,” Akane groaned out, “Are we allowed to bring harm to the fourth estate?”

“No,” I answered looking questioningly at the three of them. “You can complain to the director and the Public Affairs Officer and if they agree, have that person banned from the building while requesting their service send someone else. Which of the reporters managed to get under your skin?”

“D. Wayne Peterfelt,” Katie growled in response, giving me the impression that most of the attention was directed at her, or at least was about her. “According to what he said he works for the North-Eastern Progressive, and before you ask, no, none of us have heard of it or him either.”

I rolled the names of both person and news service around in my head, “I don’t recognize the names either,” I told them. “Have you had a chance to look them up?”

“No,” Taylor answered as the other two just groaned. “After the free for all that the question and answer section of the debut turned into, we were taken to a conference room for debrief on what we did right and what we could have done better.” The girl sighed, “Apparently informing the media and the public that they are not likely to see us on patrol was not, optimum.”

“Ugh, an Armsmaster debrief,” I groaned having been through them myself. “My sympathies. How bad was it?” Their response was to all groan in sync so I turned the local news on just in time for the announcer to start.

“Good evening Brockton Bay, I’m Bill Weathersby” the fairly generic brown-haired anchor started. “To start tonight’s news, we bring you something we promised you yesterday. More information on what happened Saturday at Weymouth Mall and the new local Wards that were apparently instrumental in ending the standoff without any civilian casualties. At the PRT is Melisa Ivanova with the latest, Melissa?”

“Thank you, Bill,” the on-scene reporter, a twenty-something silky haired black woman said into the camera. “The PRT debuted three new Wards this evening, Skitter, No No, and the former Empire cape Rune. It was the inclusion of the last one that apparently ruffled feathers amongst some of the more, extreme members of the press that attended the event.”

The television cut to a shot of the stage with the reporters in the foreground as one stood to ask a question. “D. Wayne Peterfelt of the North-Eastern Progressive,” the reporter said, identifying himself. “My question is, why have you been dressed this way? It shows a distinct lack of sympathy for the local Asian community and could possibly enflame their feelings against you.”

All three Wards seemed to blink at that before the one in a deep blue stepped forward to the microphone, “Excuse please, but I recently come from Tokyo and can tell you this how many young hero dress.”

“I’m sorry?” the reporter returned clearly flabbergasted at the response. “Also, she’s an admitted racist.” He continued pointing at the one in green. “Of anyone, why would you dress her like this?”

“She used to be racist,” the blue ninja answered. “Is why she is wearing green, is color of growth and change This is good thing, yes?” The last was said while pointing at anther reporter in the television section.

“Sherryl Atkinson,” the reporter started, “Miss No No, may I ask why you have that as a name?”

The blue ninja seemed to smile behind her mask, “Is because of my power.”

“Your power?” the reporter asked. “I don’t understand. Why, or maybe more appropriately how?”

No No squatted down on the stage to be closer to the reporter. “What do you say to small child who is about to hurt themself?” she answered. “You tell them no no, maybe smack lightly on hand if reaching for something dangerous. That what I do.”

The scene cut back to the split screen between the anchor and the reporter who were both having a hard time suppressing their mirth. “It seems one of the newer reporters went a little further than he should have?” the anchor asked.

“Yes Bill,” the reporter responded. “As a result, he can possibly expect to be blacklisted from future events for as little as the next one, to permanently. The PRT has not commented publicly on what their decision will be, but the fact that he kept butting in on other reporters' questions to both the Wards and the PRT did not win him any sympathy with the rest of the reporters in the group. That however was not the biggest point of this press conference or Wards debut.”

The television cut again to the scene showing the crowd as the green ninja stepped forward. “I wasn’t born here, and while I moved here a few years ago, I am not a natural Brocktonite. That said, I have been a part of the problem for the last couple of years, because of that I have what you might consider a unique view of the situation. I hope that the people at home, as well as those of you in the press can see it in your hearts to at least give me the chance to redeem myself by helping to solve the problems and making amends to the community.” The scene cut away as the firebrand reporter stood up and started to yell something.

The next scene showed the red ninja addressing the crowd, but an unseen something buzzing her answer, “Rune didn’t have to expose herself,” the girl buzzed. “She could have acted with complete anonymity and even after she teamed up with us, could have walked away once the debrief at the PRT was finished. She chose to come over and help us fix our home, and with people like Hookwolf and Kaiser on the other side of that divide that showed a great deal of bravery. I’ll give her the chance she’s asked for, if for no other reason than she earned it, and she’s going to continue to earn it every day she serves.”

The screen cut back to the reporter. “The young ladies also pointed out that the three of them are a scouting and intelligence gathering team as opposed to being able to hit hard targets and as such are unlikely to be seen down on the boardwalk doing patrols.”

“Thank you, Melissa,” the anchor stated taking back control as the camera went from a full screen of the woman reporter, to a split scene of both of them for a moment, before finally cutting simply to him. “The PRT’s director also had things to say about the incident Saturday, that however we will cover in the ten o’clock hour. Investigation…”

I cut the TV’s sound off at that point and looked at the three of them. “Not the worst debut I’ve ever seen, but not the best.” I told them. “Clockblocker still has you beat hands down for talking too much, but that was definitely a solid seven out of ten on the good scale.” The three of them groaned and the pile that they were simply produced three fingers. “And once again people say that I’m number one, thank you.”

Once the three of them had wandered back to their rooms to change I pulled out my smartphone and took a look at the PHO page that had sprung up since the news had shown what it had of the debut.
Welcome to the Parahumans Online message boards.
You are currently logged in, Vista
You are viewing:
• Threads you have replied to
• AND Threads that have new replies
• OR private message conversations with new replies
• Thread OP is displayed.
• Ten posts per page
• Last ten messages in private message history.
• Threads and private messages are ordered chronologically.
♦ Topic: Wards Debut
In: Boards ► General Threads ► USA ► Brockton Bay
Bagrat (Original Poster) (Veteran Member) (The Guy in the Know)
Posted On Jan 11th 2011:
So as of last Sunday we knew that we would get more information on what happened with the incident at Weymouth Mall and that there would be new Wards debuting. What i don't think anyone, including myself and I'm usually in the loop on these things, expected was once Aegis asked for the young ladies to show themselves, was for a large swarm of bugs to come down and form a wall as the first one, (Skitter) stepped out from behind the curtain of insects. No No dropped from above into a classic three point stance and then Rune came down, her arms crossed as she landed a platform behind and between the other two. At that point all three bowed to the audience and the bugs seemed to disappear again into nothing. They all answered some questions, but their team mission statement seemed to leave some of the reporters asking what in Hades their plans are. I know the Youth Guard is currently having kittens.

Now, discuss!
(Edit: Full Video Here)
[indent]
[/indent] (Showing page 1 of 1) [indent]
►Pest Delayer
Replied On Jan 11th 2011:
How many kittens, what breed are they, and are there any pics?
►ClockBlocker (Verified Cape)  (Wards ENE)
You beat me to a joke, I can respect that.

in this case though, not literally. They don't like the fact that the three of them are not planning on following the usual Wards Routine of show patrols along the Boardwalk, but intend to act as scouts, staying as much out of sight as possible.
►Katzenhai (Unverified Cape)
Well I can respect it. They have a good power synergy for recon for as I can tell so maybe they can scout out areas in advance for the PRT or Protectorate? Either way, glad they're taking it serious and not kow towing to the YG.
►BrocktonBayPartyPatrol
Scouts, hidden in the shadows. Gathering intel to coordinate targeted strikes to bring the city's gangs to their knees!

Or, as we lay people tend to refer to people in that uniform and with that job: Ninjas
[/indent] End of Page.  1 [indent]
[/indent]

I nodded and typed in my own response to the verbal melee that was just getting started. Apparently despite the Youth Guard’s unhappiness the man on the street seemed to like the idea so far. Good, I thought, the status quo around here could use a little shaking up, and the three of them seem just the types to do so. With that thought I headed towards the door. Mom was supposed to be home at a decent hour tonight and wanted me home for dinner since I didn’t have console duty. She meant well, but a part of me just wanted her to stop trying so hard and relax. Neither she nor dad were solely to blame for what had happened and both of them hovering so much that they kept sniping at each other didn’t help matters. Stupid divorce.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Messages In This Thread
RE: A CYOA in Worm or I think my name is No No - by Rajvik - 06-14-2020, 05:29 PM