Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perhaps Trump doesn't know that editorials are traditionally unsigned
RE: Perhaps Trump doesn't know that editorials are traditionally unsigned
(09-08-2018, 08:58 AM)Rajvik Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 11:31 AM)robkelk Wrote: I'm still seeing a lot of messenger-shooting going on over this. I'm still not seeing any rebuttals of the content of the piece.

From what I've heard, John Kelly has said Woodward's book, (which supposedly takes the same line,) is full of lies and half truths which is part of the reason why I suggested that the NYT and Woodward were trying to bullshit this into something.

By "John Kelly", do you mean Trump's White House Chief of Staff, who Ivanka thinks is the writer of the op-ed piece?

(09-08-2018, 08:58 AM)Rajvik Wrote: Add to that the Media Resource Center saying that the Times has a "history of over-inflating" their sources and "not fact checking deep enough".

I'd need to see that press release before I could comment on it. Anybody can set up a "Media Resource Center" - the first page of DuckDuckGo results shows Media Resource Centers at VMWare, CalPoly, UNC, the City of San Antonio, Ohio Institute of Allied Health, and American Transmission Company. How many of them are qualified to comment on politics?

(09-08-2018, 08:58 AM)Rajvik Wrote: Then we can add on top of that the Kavenaugh confirmation hearings started the same day this came out, distraction much?

It is a distraction from the Democrats' attempts to have the confirmation hearings postponed until after the elections, yes. This benefits the Republicans.

(09-08-2018, 08:58 AM)Rajvik Wrote: I'm sorry but it smells a bit to much like Comey's speech 2 point oh.

Setting aside the bruising it did to Trump's ego (which should not matter in politics), just what was so bad about Comey's speech?

And you still aren't discussing the content of the piece.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perhaps Trump doesn't know that editorials are traditionally unsigned - by robkelk - 09-08-2018, 01:12 PM