Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's never not time for more transforming robots!
RE: It's never not time for more transforming robots!
So I said to myself, "What if Kamen Rider Zi-O's Time Mazines didn't suck big fat hairy donkey balls?" But how could they possibly transform into something decent while:

* Being thematically appropriate
* Not using too many parts, to keep cost per unit down
* Not being too complicated so people can actually play with the damn things

After pondering these intractable dilemmas for entire minutes, this popped out. No wonder some toy company exec couldn't come up with anything better than having them do the "fall to the ground in despair" pose, with so much effort involved!

non-embedded

So yeah, basically you Rider Kick the universe in the face so hard it lets you travel through time. I know I want one!

Obviously, the official models are far more detailed - this is about actually transforming, even if it's in a way that could be pulled off at 3cm minifigure scale not including the torso articulation during the rider kick, and maybe with a different head style. I think a telescoping support for a ball joint could do the head, though.

... Actually, would anyone be interested if I did detail it up and put it on one of those 3d printing sites? I know people have done little transforming figures with the "Translucent Super-detail" material, though not all that much more than that it's possible.
--
‎noli esse culus

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's never not time for more transforming robots! - by classicdrogn - 10-01-2018, 05:10 AM