Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IC][Story][Arc 1] Rob and Brent's as-yet-untitled sidestory (Rob's #10, Brent's TBD)
RE: Rob and Brent's as-yet-untitled sidestory (Rob's #8, Brent's TBD)
Blossom Apartments, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Friday, January 13, 2017
8:44 PM

Mimi, Ben, and Rob had retired to the common room. They had almost finished off the hot chocolate when Kazari came in, still wearing her winter coat and carrying a shopping bag.

"I'm back!" She passed the bag to Mimi. "These are for you."

"You really didn't need to do this for me, Uiharu-san."

"Please, call me Kazari. And this is a rite of passage here. Somebody shows up, we get their measurements, and I go buy them a new outfit."

Mimi smiled, a bit. "I hope it looks good on me."

Rob laughed. "Actually, part of the tradition is that it's the plainest outfit we could come up with - jeans, shirt or blouse, and a change of underwear. You get to go shopping later for whatever you want to wear."

"Why not... No, you're right." Ben caught himself.

Rob nodded. "It's none of our business what our guests choose to wear, once they've seen what we wear. But Ottawa doesn't have a big cosplay culture, so Mimi would have stood out in the crowds wearing that black-and-orange dress."

"Well, if everybody gets the same treatment, I suppose I should accept this gift." Mimi pulled a turquoise blouse out of the bag. "I don't know whether this is my colour, though."

"I'm sorry," Kazari replied. "They didn't have very much in your size."

"That's one of the perils of shopping at a small mall. We'll take you downtown tomorrow morning and let you buy a better wardrobe - and more than just two changes of clothes! Kuroko didn't buy much when she first arrived here; don't be like her."

"Won't it be strange that I'm buying so many clothes, though?"

Ben shook his head. "A young woman shopping for a new wardrobe? That's so normal that it's almost a stereotype."

Rob added, "And if anybody does ask, we'll say that you just got here and they lost your luggage. We just won't say who 'they' are."

"Oh. All right." Mimi looked through the bag, then looked up. "No pajamas?"

Kazari bowed her head. "I'm sorry. I never think of that."

Ben frowned. "Why not? Don't you normally wear something to bed?"

Rob shook his head. "You haven't watched Kazari's anime lately, have you?"

Before anyone else could respond, Mimi said, "It isn't that big a deal, really! I'll make do tonight."

"And this is your bedroom, at least for tonight. If all goes well tomorrow, we should have plenty of room ... or you might decide you want to move in with some of the visitors we're expecting tomorrow."

"I don't know whether I want to sleep in a pocket dimension, Mr. Donaldson. It brings back memories that I'd rather forget."

"Oh. In that case, you can sleep on my couch. It pulls out to a bed."

Blossom Apartments, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Saturday, January 14, 2017
6:37 AM

Rob was already awake and through his morning routine when Mimi sighed and opened her eyes. "What a pleasant dream. I wasn't one of the Witches 5 any more."

"Good morning, Mimi."

"It wasn't a dream! Good morning, Mr. Donaldson!"

"The shower's in there." He pointed toward the bathroom. "Do you want some coffee, or ... whoa, wait!"

"What's wrong?" Mimi asked as she continued to get out of bed.

"I'm right here!"

"Huh? Oh. If seeing a naked woman bothers you, then you should have bought me some pajamas." She headed for the bathroom. "Haven't you seen somebody else naked before?"

"Not lately. Doesn't it bother you for me to see you naked?"

"I'm an actress - if that bothered me, I'd be in the wrong line of work."

"I thought you were still a student."

"I did some summer stock, back before I was possessed. There wasn't a lot of room to change costumes backstage. I got used to it."

"Oh. And you aren't worried that I might take advantage of you?"

"You're a nice man, Mr. Donaldson, but you're too old for somebody my age."

Rob decided to not mention to Mimi his relationship with Mii, Ami, and Hyouga. "So... coffee?"

"I'll take a shower first." Mimi closed the door behind her.

Oh, thank God the door's closed, Rob thought. But, damn, she's hot. And she's a natural carrot-top, too. No! Bad Rob! I already have three girlfriends. And she just made it clear she isn't interested in being number four.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rob and Brent's as-yet-untitled sidestory (Rob's #8, Brent's TBD) - by robkelk - 10-03-2018, 08:53 PM