Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
There is no such thing as "cheating on the SI concept". (Unless you're dating it, and you're seeing other fanfic conventions behind its back.) An SI is an SI, and phenomenal cosmic powers are not automatically part of the package -- just look at, say, John Trussell in NXE. (Yes, yes, I know, not strictly an SI as he was inserted before he joined the writing team. You're missing the point.) He got exactly two things out of insertion -- Maya, and reasonably good with a handgun.

You could always go for something subtle as a counterpoint to the other guys, you know. Like a Luck manipulation talent, where things just start happening right for him when it really matters, or when it really doesn't. You could even justify it as some kind of unexpected link to Yggdrasil that tweaks things in his favor kind of automatically.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Bob Schroeck - 11-13-2018, 08:26 AM