Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raise your hand if you saw this coming a light-year away
RE: Raise your hand if you saw this coming a light-year away
Actually, that's even less workable than my idea. If nothing else, the CEO's will happily go basically anywhere else to dodge those taxes. I like the idea, mind you, but the only way it'll work is if there's a world government that can enforce it and can't be dodged.

Now, the idea I had?

That's kind of how it works in the Netherlands, but the Netherlands have the advantage that, well, we're one of the most densely populated countries in the world, and very small. So we can get away with a national minimum wage supplemented through things like targeted rent subsidies for the poor. But you don't have to update the minimum wage every year in my proposal. You can do a rolling recalculation for the minimum wage for 10 states every year, and once you've got the first 3 batches of data and can cross reference them with historical economical data it becomes possible to start predicting what wage increases are necessary in the future too.

It's a long term solution and it requires a lot of work to set up, which means that it will be expensive to start up, but after that you really don't need that much in the way of maintenance. You don't need expert statisticians to gather data, you just need some 50 officials crossing through the relevant states for a year or so knocking on doors and asking companies and citizens what the local prices are and enter them into a database.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raise your hand if you saw this coming a light-year away - by hazard - 10-26-2018, 09:53 AM