Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump builds that wall ... out of troops
RE: Trump builds that wall ... out of troops
On the one hand, I'#ve been thinking the exact same thing.

On the other, I've been consciously holding off from just snapping

You gotta remember. The whole system, left and right, has been consciously reduced down to single-line shibboleths that don't require any level of thought. They just feel right. They're completely inarguable because they're blatantly vacuous - but that also renders them almost impossible to argue against because there is no thought behind them. There's just more and more of them, while any sort of clear argument needs some of of thought.

And then you're in a circle of people who feel the exact same way and that feels even righter.

I understood enough about why people supported Trump in the states to have the sense to place a bet on him to win - at 20/1 to boot. So I get it.

But you don't beat it by bopping people on the head and getting pissed off at them. That just makes them go away and go deeper into the circle of comfort and approval. It's like building up the polarity.

The only way to beat all this shit is to engage with people. It doesn't matter what side you're on because you're serving the real enemy just by dismissing the other. So long as everything remains so polarised there'll be no progress on anything and it'll just deadlock. That's the end hame - utter deadlock.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump builds that wall ... out of troops - by Dartz - 10-20-2018, 01:32 PM