Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC] Just for fun - data-mining the wiki
RE: [OOC] Just for fun - data-mining the wiki
(11-15-2021, 07:19 PM)Labster Wrote: Just realized how weird it is we have canon birthdays for our Aquan characters. I guess that’s a birth instant represented on Earth’s calendar.  Do Martians celebrate half-birthdays?  Do they become adults at Earth age 18 or Mars age 9 1/2?

At least Aqua and Manhome share a common history and thus can determine dates in each other's calendars. I'm nore puzzled as to how we have canon birthdays on an Earth calendar for characters from Remnant.

(11-15-2021, 07:19 PM)Labster Wrote: And on that note, I wonder if a spaceship staffed entirely by Misakas might operate on a 24.65 hour day to accommodate their particular diurnal rhythm.

Well, we can run the experiment in the Metacontinuity. Quoting from my notes on the wiki for Arc 2 (yes, we have notes for Arc 2 when we're still in the early-middle of Arc 1):

Quote:The United Federation of Planets has seen fit to gift the Crystal Millennium with a few surplus ships.

CMS-1 Brattain

"It's like visiting a Borg ship... but cuter."
--Capt. William T. Riker, USS Enterprise-E

"Frakking cuteBorg - make my head hurt trying to keep track of them all."
--Rob Donaldson

"Space, the final frontier, quotes Misaka-captain. These are the voyages of the CMS Brattain. Its ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds as they appear in the Metacontinuity, to seek out new life and new civilizations, and to go boldly where no clone has gone before, Misaka-Issa says refusing to split the infinitive."
--Hoshi Misaka

First is the USS CMS Brattain, renumbered from NCC-21166 to CMS-1 when it was transferred to the Crystal Millennium Navy, previously recorded as lost and with a crew complement of 35. (There's plenty of data available about Miranda class ships - including deck plans and a 3D bridge.) It's fully crewed by Misaka Sisters.

As a science ship, the Brattain does not fit easily into the battlecarrier/cruiser/destroyer/frigate/corvette classification system used by the Crystal Millennium Navy. It was used as a destroyer until custom-built warships became available.

If they feel more comfortable running on Martian sols or whatever instead of Terran days, Admiral Luna isn't going to tell them otherwise...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC] Just for fun - data-mining the wiki - by robkelk - 11-15-2021, 09:08 PM