Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Given my tastes, which web comics should I be reading?
RE: Given my tastes, which web comics should I be reading?
A second vote for Phoebe and Her Unicorn.  I need to add the quibble, though, that unlike in Calvin and Hobbes, Marigold is unquestionably real.  Images where she makes weird faces ("Curse you for introducing a unicorn to the concept of selfies.") are particularly adorkable.  There're also lots and lots of ugly-cute goblins (everything they say sounds like slight variations on "Blaart"), and Phoebe's arch-frenemy Dakota.  Phoebe's dad, a systems administrator, is secretly cool (so he says).

Quote:Phoebe:  Dad, what was life like before the internet?
Ethan Howell:  I knew this day would come.  That one day, you would ask about the BEFORE TIMES.  It was a dark and brutal age, when typewriters roamed the land and IGNORANCE and BOREDOM reigned.  It was VERY DIFFICULT to waste time watching videos of cats.
-----
Considering that one dictionary definition of "carry on" is to "behave or speak in a foolish, excited, or improper manner," the designers of that famous poster, "Keep Calm and Carry On," need to make up their flippin' minds!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Given my tastes, which web comics should I be reading? - by DHBirr - 11-27-2018, 10:00 AM