Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Fun] Music thread? Music thread.
RE: [OOC][Fun] Music thread? Music thread.
EDIT: I had to go through this thing because there were a few songs I realized that I'd interpreted a bit incorrectly, and also I needed a fro more songs for Ben's side because things were weighted a little too much towards Homura.  And we all know it takes two to tango.  Tongue

One of the things that I like to do is to try and come up with a playlist/soundtrack for each of the characters that portrays their interactions with Benjamin.  I think I've settled on Homura's playlist, as she meets Ben, has her shackles broken by him, and then - after a brief WTF period - finds herself in love.

Because while Madoka was everything she ever wanted?  Benjamin is everything she ever needed.  Why?  "Think of me as Ganesha," he will say at one point in time.  "I fucking DESTROY obstacles."

Magia Quattro - Kalafina - Kalafina All Time Best 2008-2018
Homura's entrance, with a heart full of seething hurt, and a soul prepared for damnation for the sake of someone she loves.  Little does she know...

Stop Crying Your Heart Out - Oasis - Heathen Chemistry
Benjamin arrives and saves her soul, taking her corruption upon himself.  He doesn't care about being rewarded.  He doesn't care about any personal gains.  He only wants her to be able to stop crying, to smile, and to go on with the life she wanted.  "Take what you need and be on your way."

Unstoppable - Sia - This Is Acting
And then he shows her exactly how it is he can do it.  How he can use her corruption - use it to fuel his grief and rage, and let it empower him to do incredible things.  Though he hides his grief from the others, Homura can see it in his eyes because she has seen it in the mirror countless times herself.

Letting the Cables Sleep - Bush - The Science of Things
After the adventure is over and Homura reconciles her feelings and she finally lets herself cry in Benjamin's arms.  So he eases her to sleep with a lullaby that was practically made for her.

Robot Boy - Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns
Once she awakens, he reaffirms his support for her.  And he reassures her, no matter how heavy her burden is, she still has the power to go on.

Karma Police - Radiohead - OK Computer
Commiserating together later on.  Karma is a bitch, and she's still got them on her payroll.  But that just means that they're her instruments as well.  This is what you get when you mess with us.

Here With Me - Dido - No Angel
It's a surprise for Homura to find that she has grown so fond of Benjamin.  How did this happen?  When did he become so important to her?  That anytime he's gone, if feels like her life is on pause?  Yes, she has Madoka now.  Homura is grateful for this and would not have it any other way.  But even with Madoka there, Homura feels like there is something missing.

Another Love - Tom Odell - Tales from Another Love
She talks to Benjamin.  She gets it out there.  You are important to me.  I need you in my life.  But Benjamin is reluctant.  With how his heart was utterly shattered by what happened with Fate and Nanoha... he dreads the idea of the possibility of it happening again.

lovely - Billie Eilish and Khalid - lovely
Two hearts.  Both feeling so alone despite others around them loving them so much.  They feel trapped by their circumstances and hope for a better tomorrow.

Dark On Me - STARSET - Transmissions
Benjamin is pushing Homura away and begun shutting down on her.  And though she won't let him go, it hurts so much to hold on.  He was once such a brilliant light in her life, but now he has gone dark, leaving her feeling lost.

Motion Picture Soundtrack - Radiohead - Kid A
However, Homura isn't the only one feeling heartbroken.  Benjamin feels it to, and oh so acutely at that.  But his anxieties about being hurt again won't go away, and so he continues to push her away.

Losing My Religion - R.E.M. - Out Of Time
The phrase "Losing my religion" is a Southernism for being at the end of one's rope and on the verge of lashing out at the person that is causing them grief.  Homura has confronted Benjamin once again with her desires, and he is struggling to keep himself together.  Actually, this is definitely a Homura song.  A more careful look at the lyrics shows that it's about an unrequited love...  And in this case, it would be Homura who is the one that is nearly at the end of her rope.

How to Save a Life - The Fray - How To Save A Life
Yeah, it happened.  The Big Argument where Homura and Benjamin have it out.  She wants him to stop messing around and to come to her and Madoka.  And Benjamin is stuck reflecting on what happened and what he needs to do.  This is actually, again, Homura's perspective, as she would be the one to confront Ben.  And Ben is just so good at being such a stubborn ass.

Vindicated - Dashboard Confessional - Dusk And Summer
Finally, Benjamin comes around. He's sorry for being such an ass, and Homura accepts his apology.  He is vindicated of his his faults - his stubbornness, his anxieties, and his fears as Homura accepts Benjamin not only for who he is, but what he is as well.

Papermoon - RichaadEB ft. Lollia - Papermoon
Homura gives Benjamin her reassurance: nothing will keep her from loving him.  He gave Homura her new lease on life.  He saved her life from a world of darkness.  And for that, she would rip the heavens apart for his sake.

All of Me - John Legend - Love In The Future
There are things in Homura that he cannot deny.  Things that are both beautiful and maddening at the same time.  But he wouldn't have it any other way.  After all, he is mad as well.

Thank You - Dido - No Angel
With Benjamin's acceptance, Homura feels more at ease now.  And no matter how bad of a day she might be having at a given moment, the moment he is there will make everything alright.

Magia (From "Puella Magi Madoka Magica") - AmaLee - Nostalgia III (Magical Girl Edition)
....And then Homura goes off the deep end.  She will now fight anyone for the right to call Benjamin hers and hers alone.  All others are not worthy for they have no idea what his pain is like.  And she will damn herself all over again if needs be.

And for your listening pleasure...
https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=...AiK41uLjch

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Fun] Music thread? Music thread. - by Black Aeronaut - 04-04-2021, 06:07 AM