Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC] Random generation of esper abilities
RE: [OOC] Random generation of esper abilities
(01-28-2019, 12:19 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 08:06 PM)robkelk Wrote: 47: Ice Powers - you generate cold and ice, which can be used as an attack or as armor

18: Dimensional Travel - Choose either travel to and from one particular dimension (e.g. hyperspace, null-space, a dimension that looks like a point in Earth's history or future) with no chance of error, or the ability to travel to and from any other dimension with a chance of error.

16: Disintegration Ray - "the ability to vaporize solids and liquids" (but not living beings; they take damage instead until they're dead)

63: Mutant Power - Make something up

93: Vibratory Powers - "powerful patterns of vibration", which can be used as an attack or as armor

45: Heightened Strength B - Increased strength (the version with the higher possible roll, so Superman-level, not Aquaman-level)

If I recall correctly, Squishy was going to give your SI the Disintegration Ray and the attack part of the Vibratory Powers... and that "nullifying ability" can be your Mutant Power. So, pick one of the other three to keep: Ice Powers, Dimensional Travel, or Heightened Strength. (Considering that Squishy is a Masu, he could give you the Dimensional Travel or the Heightened Strength. And you don't need two attack/armor powers.)

So with that in mind...  I think I'll go for the Dimensional Travel in the form of an inaccurate teleporting ability.  Ben is capable, he just can't perform the math in his head the way Nanoha and the other mages can.

However, I don't think it would be cheating too much for him to have a Boost Device to actually perform the mathematical equations for him - it acts as a navigational aid and he simply executes the jump using the figures it gives back to him.  (Unlike other BDs though, it doesn't augment his power.  It does the math, and nothing more.)

This provides a plot-convenient weakness in that if you separate him from his Device, he won't be able to teleport.  (At least, not without a strong likelihood of killing himself and possibly other bystanders.)

Thoughts?

He really should Memorize some basic pre-solutions along the lines of "displace mass or volume at a predetermined distance on a relative direction forward of himself by X distance along the relative z axis."  Makes a nice surprised when they take his McGuffin away.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC] Random generation of esper abilities - by itsune9tl - 01-28-2019, 06:55 AM