Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020, the election campaigns have begun
RE: 2020, the election campaigns have begun
Well, I still think it's fair game to discuss the still-myriad Democrat candidates in the running.

What I doubt is a viable topic is whether or not Trump will be reelected. That's a bit moot until the impeachment trial finally shakes out. And despite the railroading we got from the Republicans during the opening moves, there were still strong signs of dissension in the ranks. At this point, I'd say this could go either way.

As Labster implies, more importantly will be how the election shakes out for the Senate. But yet again, a lot of this depends on what direction the impeachment trial goes. The Republicans choose not to impeach? I suspect we'll see a Blue Wave in November. But if they do? Pretty sure most of them will hold on to their seats. And this will be the stronger indicator of what direction we'll be heading, whether or not Trump remains in office and somehow gets reelected.

I know it's a long shot, but I'm still rooting for Sanders. He's got a lot of the right ideas as far as I'm concerned. And while he might be pitching for free college for everyone, I'm pretty sure he'd be willing to compromise with just free college up to a two-year degree at a vocational or community college.

If the Republicans would ever let that happen, that is. As of late, they've collectively been of far less of a mind to compromise than ever before.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020, the election campaigns have begun - by Black Aeronaut - 01-23-2020, 06:37 PM