Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Info][Plot][Arc 2] Welcome to Sol System...
[OOC][Info][Plot][Arc 2] Welcome to Sol System...
...A Guide to the Inhabited Worlds, Major Colonies, Settlements, and Space Stations.  Wink

Sol System is gonna get crowded AWFULLY fast, what with Starfleet, the UN Spacy, various corporate entities (don't tell me that Weyland-Yutani and the Resource Development Corporation won't be showing up), different versions of Earth...  Yeah.

So I figure that we could use a seperate thread just for Sol.

Fortunately, there should be plenty of space to actually park everything...  we just need to figure out what all is showing up and how to arrange it all.

Someone - Labster I believe - brought up the idea of have six Earths to not only accommodate various conflicting versions (eg: fantasy settings such as Middle Earth would be emphatically incompatible with Post-Apocalypse Earth where the Mad Maxers would be, or Future Dystopia where we'd have a lot of Cyberpunk, or Utopian Future for Starfleet and Macross).

Talking about Babylon 5 suddenly put the idea of ALL FIVE of the Babylon Stations showing up in Sol (I think I'd like to have Reach show up at Epsilon Eridani, complete with all of its military facilities and shipyards).

They would be useful to have because it's implied that the first four stations were intended to have some degree of mobility as Babylon 4 did.  We can stick B5 at Jupiter where it will be largely safe as the Gas Giant has long since cleared the area of potentially harmful debris.  The other four we can put on the Jupiter-Sol L-Points where their maneuvering systems will help the most.  With this, these can form 'waypoints' going in and out of the Inner System and serve a similar purpose that rail yards here on Earth do - a nexus point for freight so consists going in a similar direction can be formed, allowing large freighters to do what they do best with a minimum amount of dicking around.

How badly would you guys like to see Cloud City in Jupiter's atmosphere?  Makoto would probably like that - industrial might and elegant living all in one package.

Messages In This Thread
[OOC][Info][Plot][Arc 2] Welcome to Sol System... - by Black Aeronaut - 02-14-2019, 10:54 PM