Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
In an effort to provide a bigger can for the worms that I've let loose ...

In real life:

1) Rob-the-writer knows the difference between fiction and real life. (Rob-the-writer has also gone through a quite thorough government background check - something like a real-world predilection toward polyamoury would have ruled me out for the position that I currently hold.) Do not take anything that Rob-the-character says or thinks as evidence of how I think, unless it's backed up by something else presented somewhere else by me - there's some overlap (it's a self-insert, after all), but not an exact one because of story concerns (for example, I wouldn't give up my current job and vested pension to run an apartment building).

2) I'm getting the energy to write because writing is my coping mechanism. Work is over there, kept so separate that I don't even look at this board while I'm at the office. This is what I think of as fun... and I don't play video games (or, lately, tabletop games), or go to bars or movies or plays, to distract myself.

In the story:

1) The statements about how the Silver Millennium worked were made by Minako. While she's usually depicted as having the most memories of all the Senshi of their previous incarnation, she does not know everything about that time.

2) Note Mikoto's incredulity at Minako's statement. Academy City has a good set of teachers and curriculum for their students, especially for the Level 5s.

3) How did they not worry about STDs? "Moon Healing Escalation", and similar healing magic - which was lost when the Silver Millennium was destroyed.

4) "cultures with polygyny and not polyandry" - Minako specifically mentioned that it was a man's choice to join an existing relationship, so she remembers the Silver Millennium having polyandry.

I'm happy with the scene as written. I'm not saying it has a 100% correspondence to the setting's reality, but Minako thinks it does.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by robkelk - 03-16-2019, 07:28 PM