Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(03-16-2019, 06:34 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 05:45 PM)Labster Wrote: The thing that's wrong is pretty easy to see: it's a bunch of white dudes trying to justify why it's okay for them to assemble a harem of younger women lol.  Your social more of monogamy is coming in conflict with the assertion that polygyny is a the more natural state, but don't really have the background to know why your value in this case is important.

... If it's that much of a problem, we can just go ahead and stop.  And by stop, I mean drop the project completely.

Seriously.

While I don't mind being criticized, it becomes an entirely different ball game where you start getting into territory where we can get tarred in a very bad way.  And I'm pretty sure that Rob would agree with me on this point.  If critique is to happen, let it happen with Death of the Author applied.  Otherwise, we will start saying things that cannot be taken back easily.
当たった! Uh I wasn't even talking to you, BA, and definitely not criticizing you.  This must really be a sore spot.  I actually don't understand people's reaction here, it's sort of obvious that you'd want to question social mores in writing.  In fact, if you're not interested in questioning mores, then it would be meaningless as art.

Just for the record, the rules of romantic relationships to me are:
  • Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
  • Love is the law, love under will.
Given the source of those lines, Rob really should recognize them.

I'm going to shut up here because people are really badly misunderstanding me and reacting in ways I really don't get, so I must be using too many words.

(03-16-2019, 06:34 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 05:45 PM)Labster Wrote: On another topic: I just realized that Coyote is the tutelary for San Antonio, much like Cait Sith is for Neo Venezia.  The reason I just now realized this is that I read an article about basketball by accident.

Can you point me at this article?  You have piqued my curiosity.

It's less exciting than you think, but kind of funny in it's own way: Why Are There So Many Bats At Spurs Games?.  But there is video of a man in a Coyote costume in a Batman costume catching a bat in a basketball game.  I was mainly commenting on how sports capture popular imagination, and it's not so terribly hard to make the leap from mascot to divine patron.  I'm still trying to figure out which universe Gritty is originally from. (Generally I don't watch enough sports to know the mascots, this is the first time I heard what the Spurs' mascot was.)
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 03-16-2019, 11:11 PM