Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(07-14-2019, 02:24 AM)Labster Wrote:
(07-14-2019, 12:35 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Oh, Duck I noticed.  If she's around, then Fakir's not far behind, I would assume.

Well, your guesses aren't so good today.  It's going to be a long time.  She wants to see him, but she's just an ordinary duck again, and is Fakir far away, East of the Sun and West of the Moon.
<surfer>Whoah. Bummer man.</surfer>

(07-14-2019, 02:24 AM)Labster Wrote:
(07-14-2019, 12:35 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Now there's a character that Ben would be envious of.

"Okay, stupid question, maybe, but I haven't really sat down to watch the story.  That said, if you're Drosselmeyer's descendant, and can therefore create your own reality, then why haven't you made one where Duck can be a human girl again, and then you two go off and have your own little happily ever after?"

That's not a stupid question at all, but the answer is rather complex.  The first issue involves being careful what you wish for.  And then, the power seems to not create a new reality, but to modify the existing reality.  But the biggest issue is: what does the ability to write true stories even mean in the context of the Metacontinuity?

Suddenly I got this mental imagery of Cobra Bubbles from Lilo and Stitch... "I am the one they call with things go wrong. And things have Indeed. Gone. Wrong." Though I'm sure that Fakir is nowhere nearly as physically intimidating as Cobra, I believe he would be the one they'd call on in the event of a worst case scenario.

(07-14-2019, 02:24 AM)Labster Wrote: But when it comes down to it, the choice was already made in the anime.  Two returned to the story to live happily ever after, but Fakir and Entchen chose to be in the real world.  They have more story to tell.

Natch.

(07-14-2019, 02:24 AM)Labster Wrote: Oh right, her name is Entchen, which is just German for "duckling".  It's how Fakir writes her name in canon.  I have no idea if other authors have done it -- I guess at some point I should read some Princess Tutu fics.  But since our characters really do speak different languages, I don't think we should use a translation.

I believe I've seen you use it a time or two before. It didn't take me much to figure out that Entchen was Duck, aka Princess Tutu.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 07-14-2019, 03:52 AM