Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Eating Up My Time At The Moment
What's Eating Up My Time At The Moment

.jpg   compost_mulch.jpg (Size: 170.21 KB / Downloads: 356)

What you're looking at is about ten cubic yards each of hardwood mulch and (under the blue tarp) compost, filling up most of my driveway.  My after-hours job for as long as it takes is to spread all this in selected parts of the yard -- mostly in the front. 

Last year we had the grass and topsoil removed around the twin maple trees on either side of the driveway (one of which you can see next to the car) and replaced with richer topsoil and a layer of mulch, as part of a program to save them from dying on us.  These two small mountains are this year's installment of the process.  You can't quite see it because it blends in with the pile in front of it, but the visible tree and its mulched area has already been dealt with (so the piles really aren't 10 cubic yards anymore).  In comparison, the little grey patch to the left of the car is what last year's mulch looks like now.

Anyway, if anyone wants to know why I'm not a) increasing byte counts on various works, b) playing the revived City of Heroes, or c) anything else that I might do in the evenings, it is because I am either a) performing back-breaking labor or b) recovering from back-breaking labor by drugging myself and sitting in a HoMedics massage chair.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
What's Eating Up My Time At The Moment - by Bob Schroeck - 04-30-2019, 07:41 PM
Progress... - by Bob Schroeck - 05-21-2019, 08:57 PM