Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Next' button missing from chapter 4
RE: 'Next' button missing from chapter 4
I reread this step on the weekend, mainly because I can open the story in a few browser tabs on my phone, and read it on the flight without bothering to set up anything before I get to the airport.  Afterwards, Siri kept calling me Shirley, until I remembered to turn Airplane Mode off.

DW8-1 Wrote:I looked up at Dumbledore. "Do you know which [immorality method] he used?"

Dumbledore had started looking troubled as I began my list, and had grown only more so as I went through it. "I must admit that I thought I did, for I knew of only one means. Learning that there are others..." He shook his head. "Already I am thankful for hiring you, Colonel." He shook his head. "I must research this, and more, we must discuss this matter at length, soon."

I just wanted to point out how good this characterization of Dumbledore is.  He's Capital S Smart, and he is showing it by immediately admitting his ignorance.  The idea that other magics could exist, and that Darth Riddle could have discovered them is the right amount of humility.  It doesn't matter if Doug is credible or if the magic works in the HP world, because the question is the important part -- the fact that there could be another ritual is enough to merit the investigation alone.   Which is in contrast to our "smart" character Hermione, who goes around declaring things as "impossible" and thinking answers always lie in books.

On the other hand, if he's talking to Moaning Myrtle: what are you doing in the girls' bathroom, Doug?  "Kyaaan~ Hentai! Ecchi!", throws soap bar.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Next' button missing from chapter 4 - by Labster - 06-19-2019, 07:47 PM