Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So apparently it's my turn in the hospital now...
So apparently it's my turn in the hospital now...
So yeah.  The thing with Aaron's passing left me understandably paranoid.  The night before last, I had what felt like a terrible case of gas and was attempting to write it off as such, but it just kept getting worse and worse.

It turns out my paranoia was well founded - I have Appendicitis, and it's already perforated, causing an abscess in my abdominal cavity.

Fortunately, I came in when I did just before things could get real bad for me, and now I'm on some nice opioids and potent antibiotics.  The game plan is that since it's already abscessed, it's better to just clean it out and let the appendix heal - we'll be doing that tomorrow.  Then I'll be sent home to recover, and then later on come back for the actual Appendectomy.  In the meantime they're keeping a close eye on my to make sure my condition doesn't suddenly deteriorate.

Fortunately, this isn't costing me anything because I'm on VA Healthcare.  The only thing I worry about is missing out on classes, which starts on the 26th.

Messages In This Thread
So apparently it's my turn in the hospital now... - by Black Aeronaut - 08-19-2019, 12:31 AM