Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer
RE: [Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer
Dartz, this has been combobulating in my head for a few days now, but I've only just managed to put it into words here.

What's the pay-off for this story?  IMO it seems to just get darker and grimmer.  Honestly?  It seems to violate the spirit (if not the wording, I checked) of Rule 0, and that is worrying me.

Storywise:
Ben spilling the beans - This is something I think fits his character for jumping ahead, but there will have to be consequences for him/the Roughriders.

Dialogue sample (not canon) Wrote:"Ben, talking to Anika will have consequences you know."

"I was trying to-"

"You DIDN'T. CONSULT.  That's caused further issues to deal with.  And it doesn't look good for you."

"Wha-?"

"If that's what you do to a supposed friend, what else?"

So yeah, not a good look there.  Posibly contracts will get a bit stiffer, and him/his faction loose rep and influence.

The Senshi - The way the politics seems to be going, there is a rot in the parliament that will blow up soon.  This could be the major consequence of all the events in story.  I can easily see the other factions going "Hey, we've been helping keep a lid on this, but we can't spare the resources anymore so *sound of file being slapped on table* here's what we've got.  We figure you've got six months before something happens that's loud enough to be public.  Good Luck."
(Then they use the extra resource to keep a better lid on the actual problem.)

Jet - I'm gonna be honest here.  Jet needs a good talking to, but if that fails I can only see A.C. (as Cyber-Doc of record) declaring her medically unfit for duty and pulling her in hard.  Especially if she realises Jet's been abusing the booster-packs.
(The slightest bright spot I can see is A.C. going "Hello?  No, she's still unfit to resume her duties.  Deal with it yourself. <link terminated>"

This is all My Opinion Only.

(Danm, I feel horrible that this is the most I've written on Fenspace for years.

Sorry Dartz.

Sorry Gang.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer - by Cobalt Greywalker - 09-02-2021, 03:44 PM