Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TotW.xx.02
TotW.xx.02
(IE, the start of the next chapter)

“Ah, Warrior Kisaki,” Muck observed from the bed he was sitting on as the door to ‘his’ medical cell opened.

“Not warror.  Lieutenant.  Lieutenant Gamlin, to you,” Gamlin corrected with a grimace before tossing a garment at Muck.  “Get Dressed.  The Captain wants to see you.”

“Nice of him to not demand I go parading through the halls in a backless hospital gown, El Tee.”(1)  He shook it out and examined it briefly before starting to slip it on under his hospital gown.  “Flight suit?  Or duty jumpsuit?  Either way it seems clear Max doesn’t want me to stand out that much.”

“Jumpsuit, but I’m not going to presume as to the Captain’s intentions.  You’ll have to wait and ask him yourself, if you want.”

“I do want.  I see you’ve not drawn your sidearm this time though.”

“Should I have?”

“Hard to say Lt.  Well, since I don’t remember you doing anything to make me classify you as a threat, but as you’ve drawn down on me at least once that I remember, tells me YOU see ME as a threat.”

“I do.”

“Care to elaborate?”

“No.”

“Oooookay.  So, do I lead, or follow?” Muck asked, finishing zipping up the jumpsuit and approaching the door.

Gamlin glared.  “Which makes you least comfortable?”

Muck folded his arms and smirked.  “Sorry, you’re the one allegedly in charge here Lieutenant.  You have to decide.  Call it the burden of power, command, or whatever you want.  Whatever gets you through the night.”

“Fine.  One pace ahead and to my right, then.”

“Just remember you need to tell me which way we need to turn instead of just shooting me.  That will turn out bad for one of us.  Not going to say which of us, though,” Muck replied, then transferred his attention to the door that slid open in front of the pair.  Behind said door was a room that made where he’d been was something of a cross between an interrogation cell and a hospital treatment room.  That the door to his right also started opening was a clear indication of where he was supposed to go even before Gamlin needed to say anything.

Gamlin did have to direct Muck once the two were in the hallway, indicating to turn left, which took them past a nursing station to a central elevator lobby; a hall Muck guessed was made of armor plate of some sort, painted in a “oh no, your not really in a hospital or prison” light beige instead of instead of a stark flat white.  A short ride down the elevator, followed by a walk down more suspiciously empty hallways which eventually disgorged the pair onto a loading dock at what Muck assumed was the rear of the facility.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children

Messages In This Thread
TotW.xx.02 - by Star Ranger4 - 12-13-2019, 06:16 AM
RE: TotW.xx.02 - by itsune9tl - 12-13-2019, 09:54 AM
RE: TotW.xx.02 - by Star Ranger4 - 12-20-2019, 02:54 PM
RE: TotW.xx.02 - by Star Ranger4 - 12-22-2019, 05:51 AM
RE: TotW.xx.02 - by Star Ranger4 - 12-29-2019, 05:43 AM
RE: TotW.xx.02 - by Star Ranger4 - 01-04-2020, 01:22 AM
RE: TotW.xx.02 - by Star Ranger4 - 01-06-2020, 12:41 AM
RE: TotW.xx.02 - by Bob Schroeck - 01-06-2020, 08:15 AM
RE: TotW.xx.02 - by Norgarth - 01-06-2020, 07:57 PM