Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2020 'Scream About The Weather' Thread
RE: The 2020 'Scream About The Weather' Thread
(01-04-2020, 12:15 PM)LynnInDenver Wrote: ...I finally psyched myself up and looked at the maps. Words fail, and I can see why evacuations were impossible in some cases, there wasn't anywhere people could go that was guaranteed to not be in the potential path of a fast moving inferno.

Yeah, a lot of routes were cut off, but thankfully the army has stepped up to assist in disaster relief by air and sea, at least in Victoria. Up in NSW, state and federal politics is still colliding in a scary way.

Also, the state premiers office confirmed a few hours ago that 22 of the 28 people missing as of yesterday have been located alive, so small miracles there.

Quote:It's any wonder how the hells your PM is being as dense as he is under the circumstances, this should be at best career ending the way he's been publicly handling it.

He's a religious cultist, whores himself out to the coal industry, and once spent $190,000 of taxpayers money on empathy training, which clearly failed). The only reason he's gotten anywhere near authority is because his attitudes go very nicely with the increasingly right-wing views of the Australian Liberal Party, and the always right-wing, always monstrous attitudes of Murdoch media. The scary thing is, his most likely replacements for the job are potentially even worse.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2020 'Scream About The Weather' Thread - by Matrix Dragon - 01-04-2020, 12:35 PM