Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Totw (step as yet un numbered) Sing-a-long ch 3
RE: Totw (step as yet un numbered) Sing-a-long ch 3
“Ayup, Doc, I do,” Muck confirmed.  “So, what are you willing to tell me about the Commodore and Mayor’s ‘Sound Force’, other than their daughter is involved in it?”

“Well…”

“Micheal works just fine when I look like this.  ‘Muck’, even better, Doc.”

“All right, Muck.  To be honest, even though I am officially the project lead, the basic idea didn’t come from me.  It comes from Ray Lovelock, an ex-pilot turned keyboardist,” as Chiba explained, he turned to his computer terminal and started bringing images up on the screen.  “He’s the manager of Fire Bomber; Consider him sort of the brains of both the band and the force.  I don’t know that he is as big a fan of Lynn Minmei as I am, but he’s even more the visionary who thinks song might just be a stronger weapon than a Macross cannon.  The cool hand that keeps things from flying apart, if you will.  He’s the one who scouted and recruited the rest of Fire Bomber, convinced me to support his vision to the Commodore, and caused me to take theoretical studies forward into working hardware.”  Chiba brought up a new image, that of a powerfully built woman.  “Veffidas Feaze.  Fire Bomber’s drummer.  Not much known from her aside that from her build and rumors she seems to be the daughter of a micloned Meltran and Zentran couple.  The tall, strong and silent type.  Rumor, again, has it she might have made it to the top of the underground fight scene, only to step away and join Ray even before Basara Nekki did.  These two will be flying together in a modified two seater VF-17D.”

Chiba hit something that brought up new pictures and data on the screen.  “Basara Nekki.  Lead singer of Fire Bomber.  Pilot of a custom VF-NINETEEN, our next generation fighter producible from on board resources.  While Basara’s Valkyrie has the same offensive missile capability of the proposed production versions, he chooses not to use said missiles.  Well, on he used them ONCE, but it appears in the after action review he was not aware that they were live warheads, or what they might do to their targets.  While the seemingly most pacifist of the 4, he has already been taking flight against the opposing forces.  When he is bored, or thinks people are not paying attention to him?”  Chiba paused and drew breath before continuing.  “Basara Nekki is kind of like the worst of…  Keith Richards, Angus McReady and…

“I’d say some-ONE akin to Kurt Kobain, Doc” Muck replied, attempting to finish the sentence posed to him.  “Also known as a self-centered, self-absorbed, self destructive summabiatch, Doc?”

“Can’t say you’re wrong, Thunders-san.”

“Keep that in mind Doc.  I expect I WILL be wrong sooner rather than later.  Because… um… Kismet?”

“I…  see.  Why do you think the fates hate you that badly?”

“Not ‘hate’, Doc.  More like ‘put up with’ so I can set right what once went wrong,” Muck countered.

“So you are saying?”

“I am saying not an (expletives deleted) thing Doc.  The people I believe I am working for would probably ‘punch my ticket’[5] if I did, so, I think you are just going to have to trust me on this[6].  I recognize his Valk, though.

“Given you stood in final defense of him during the last attack, I would say you should, Muck.”

“Good to hear, Doc.  So, Basara is the second most important member of Sound Force?”

Chiba bowed his head, and Muck imagined the sigh cloud he’d seen in anime past in the doctor’s sigh of expiration.  “An assumption, Thunders.  Believed, but not yet proven.”

“And said assumption is, Doc?”

“That Mylene, the daughter of our mayor and my commanding officer, might be capable of putting Basara to shame in terms of Sound Energy.”

“Gotta admit that sounds kinda sexist that you think it is the young woman, and not her older more experience male compainion, Doc.  Maybe even more than a bit eechi and creepy?”

“Oh, it gets worse.  This is her Vf-19”

“Doc.  That vf-19 has BOOBS.”

“Unavoidable, Thunders.  Only place to put the sound booster gear.  Basara’s is a separate add on that has to be launched and mated to his 19 in flight.”

“Still say it is eechi, Doc.”

“An accusation I will live with if this works.”

Muck found himself facepalming.  “Just doesn’t reflect well on ya, Doc.”

“I’ll take the villainization if it gives us victory, Thunders.”

“The fight is that close run?”

“Yes,” Chiba confirmed.  “Now, you need to go report back to the Mayor.”

Muck waited until the two of them were in the relative isolated safety of the transport system before saying more.  “That…  was SERIOUSLY Surreal, Boss.”

Gamlin scoffed.  “It was nothing compared to my first encounter.”

“Sounds like the sort of sea story that only gets shared after 18 hours past drunk o clock, Kisaki.”

“More like day 2 or 3 of that sort of bender, if EVER, Muck.”

“Still doesn’t answer a lot of other questions about this that are bothering me.”

“Like?”

“Like both you and the Mayor made it clear these vampire valks are an issue.  Somehow I get the impression that there have been problems that are not as obvious as enemy mecha piercing the defensive lines and gaining access to the civilian areas.”

“So, Infiltrators.  Logic screams they were inserted during the chaos of past raids like the one we just responded.”

“Yes, which means they could have been re-enforced by additional personnel during the last raid.”

“Carp.  I’m going to need backup.  When I portaled in, I was driving a vehicle.  Going to need access for it for a large number of reasons.  Least of which is its where I keep all my stuff.  Who can grant me access?”

“Given you crashed into the Mayors Personal VF-1, I’d expect she’d the one to ask.”

“I bent Milia’s Bird?  Oh expletives deleted.  Sideways.  Without Lubrication.”

“Yeah… but as the chief executive of the civilian population, she maybe has enough other distractions?”

“That seems about as likely as trying to draw to an Inside straight.”

“Still happens once in 52 times, Muck.”

“yeah.  But the other 51?”

“Still comes down to asking our new boss.  On the plus side, you can do that really soon,” Gamlin observed as their transport slid into the station, stopped, and opened its doors.

[6] to be blunt, this is military speak for doing their darn-dest to kill my avatar.  Thank goodness he can evoke the ‘plot armor’ perk?

[5]. Right.  Anyone who want to really know if the fates love him, hate him, or whatever else are kindly invited to keep reading and commenting.  Cause… um…  I really like comments.  Lets me know what I am doing correctly, and what I have wrong?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children

Messages In This Thread
RE: Totw (step as yet un numbered) Sing-a-long ch 3 - by Star Ranger4 - 02-10-2020, 05:39 AM